It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rich text and graphics in a work item

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jan 07 '11, 5:16 p.m.
I am doing some configuration in RTC 3.0 and creating a new WorkItem type. I need to configure it with a "rich text" field where people can use colors/fonts/bolding and also be able to include graphics directly into the text (not just an attachment that you would view separately).

I don't believe this can be done in 2.0, but was hoping it was added in 3.0?

Susan

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 11 '11, 9:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Susan,

for 3.0 please have a look for rich text here http://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2010/12/03/whats-new-in-rational-team-concert-3-0-part-v-work-item-enhancements/. It is close to the end.

Ralph

I am doing some configuration in RTC 3.0 and creating a new WorkItem type. I need to configure it with a "rich text" field where people can use colors/fonts/bolding and also be able to include graphics directly into the text (not just an attachment that you would view separately).

Susan

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Jan 11 '11, 12:09 p.m.
Ralph,

That is what I needed. I have found a couple issues .... is this the correct place to note these?
1) The What's New links to the WikiCreole project, but when I try to use some of that syntax, it doesn't seem to work properly. I'm using the eclipse client and the preview mode. For example, within a wiki field:

* Bullet List
** sub item

doesn't show as a subitem ... the subitem shows as bold without any bullet, like the **bold** would do without the space.

2) ]
displays
that it has the first Susan,

for 3.0 please have a look for rich text here http://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2010/12/03/whats-new-in-rational-team-concert-3-0-part-v-work-item-enhancements/. It is close to the end.

Ralph

Susan

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 12 '11, 1:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Susan,

if you find issues, I'd suggest to create a work item in the Rational Team Concert project. Go to the Project on Jazz.net. You can find the link to create a work item on the right lower area of the page.

Ralph

Ralph,

That is what I needed. I have found a couple issues .... is this the correct place to note these?
1) The What's New links to the WikiCreole project, but when I try to use some of that syntax, it doesn't seem to work properly. I'm using the eclipse client and the preview mode. For example, within a wiki field:

* Bullet List
** sub item

doesn't show as a subitem ... the subitem shows as bold without any bullet, like the **bold** would do without the space.

2) ]
displays
that it has the first
ame Eclipse and web)

3) I have created a table and it displays fine in the Eclipse client, but I have not been able to get the cell borders to display in the web UI.

4) Images .. I used the snapshot tool (LOVE IT!!!) to graph a screen cap, which was stored as an attachment to my work item (capture7324418536001991123.png). So then I want to imbed that attach into my wiki text, so I did {{capture7324418536001991123.png|capture for image}} but when I view in both eclipse and web UI, i see only the caption.

Thanks! Susan

Susan,

Ralph

Susan

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Jan 12 '11, 6:09 a.m.
Thanks! I'll do that this morning.

Susan
Hi Susan,

if you find issues, I'd suggest to create a work item in the Rational Team Concert project. Go to the Project on Jazz.net. You can find the link to create a work item on the right lower area of the page.

Ralph

Ralph,

* Bullet List
** sub item

2) ]
displays
that it has the first
ame Eclipse and web)

3) I have created a table and it displays fine in the Eclipse client, but I have not been able to get the cell borders to display in the web UI.

4) Images .. I used the snapshot tool (LOVE IT!!!) to graph a screen cap, which was stored as an attachment to my work item (capture7324418536001991123.png). So then I want to imbed that attach into my wiki text, so I did {{capture7324418536001991123.png|capture for image}} but when I view in both eclipse and web UI, i see only the caption.

Thanks! Susan

Susan,

Ralph

Susan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.