It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC workitem resolution is being reset when changing status

Jim Tompkins (19317) | asked Dec 06 '16, 4:07 p.m.
I have a defect work item.  I am setting the resolution to "Fixed" when I perform the "resolve" action.  The "resolve" action changes the status from "assigned" to "resolved".  I then perform a "Verify" action".  As soon as I select this action the resolution changes from "Fixed" to "Works for me".  The "Works for me" resolution is the first resolution in the list.  So, every time I perform a "verify" action, the resolution is changed to its default value. 

Any ideas why this is happening and how to prevent it ?

RTC version 6.0.2, ifix 004

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Dec 07 '16, 2:41 a.m.
I'm using RTC 6.0.2 ifix005 and I don't see such problem using Scrum process template.
Is your project area using a customized process configuration? If this is a customized project area, you need to check if the work item Work Flow setting (ccm/admin > Project Area > Work Items > Work Flows in web client) is same as the default Scrum process template.

Comments
Jim Tompkins commented Dec 07 '16, 9:38 a.m.

Thank you for the response.  I have several project areas that use different templates.  The project areas based on the Agile Template seem to work fine.  The project areas based on FPM do not work.  After experimenting last night, I discovered that if I add the WorkFlow Resolution presentation to the detail section of the editor the problem goes away.  If the Resolution presentation is only in the Header of the editor the problem exists.

Unless someone can help me understand why this is happening, I will open a PMR.

Lily Wang commented Dec 07 '16, 6:15 p.m.

I tested using FPM template but could not reproduce the problem. I checked the readme file of RTC 6.0.2 ifix, there's no APAR fixed related to the work item Resolution.

Please open a PMR to find the root cause.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.