It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot see plan itens - RTC 3.0

Sandra Santos (3212425) | asked Jan 03 '11, 9:23 p.m.
Getting this error...

Any idea, please.

Thanks

Snadra

java.lang.NullPointerException
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.StateTransitionSerializable.getItemId(StateTransitionSerializable.java:44)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.AbstractWebUISerializable.hashCode(AbstractWebUISerializable.java:22)
java.util.HashMap.hash(HashMap.java:324)
java.util.HashMap.containsKey(HashMap.java:470)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.WebUISerializer.getReference(WebUISerializer.java:697)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.WebUISerializer.stateTransition(WebUISerializer.java:663)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.PlanRestService.postGetStateTransition(PlanRestService.java:1669)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

5 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 04 '11, 6:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Getting this error...

Any idea, please.

Thanks

Snadra

com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.StateTransitionSerializable.getItemId(StateTransitionSerializable.java:44)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.AbstractWebUISerializable.hashCode(AbstractWebUISerializable.java:22)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.WebUISerializer.getReference(WebUISerializer.java:697)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.serialize.WebUISerializer.stateTransition(WebUISerializer.java:663)
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.PlanRestService.postGetStateTransition(PlanRestService.java:1669)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

Hi Sandra

Any more info on this would help - are you using the WebUI (looks like it but want to be sure)? I this error appearing on the web page itself? What browser are you using?

regards

anthony

permanent link
Sandra Santos (3212425) | answered Jan 04 '11, 7:01 a.m.
Hi Sandra

Any more info on this would help - are you using the WebUI (looks like it but want to be sure)? I this error appearing on the web page itself? What browser are you using?

regards

anthony

Hi Anthony
I am using Firefox browser...but using eclipse client interface I cannot see any items too.

Any help will be welcome.
Thanks

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 04 '11, 8:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sandra

regards

anthony

Hi Anthony
I am using Firefox browser...but using eclipse client interface I cannot see any items too.

Thanks

Sandra and I spoke offline from the forum and here are some more details in case anyone else has an idea. She is duplicating part of another system (RTC instance - pretty sure this is 3.0)

She has imported a process template (based on the new Formal template in RTC3). She has a bunch of work items, imported via CSV. However, when you open up the plan, it says there are 28 work items, but is not displaying them in the plan, and she gets the error message mentioned in the first post.

I thought this might be a problem with the settings on the plan (eg: they where execution items and the plan was set not to display there) - but that would not cause the error, and beside, she checked that already.

My other thought was the work item index is messed up - so she is in the process of rebuilding the index using repotools. She is using the commands listed in the excellent backup article (http://jazz.net/library/article/547)

repotools-ccm -reindex
repotools-ccm -rebuildTextIndices
repotools-jts -reindex
repotools-jts -rebuildTextIndices

Any other ideas anyone??

anthony

permanent link
Sandra Santos (3212425) | answered Jan 04 '11, 9:02 a.m.
Did not worked! Same error.

any help will be welcome.

Hi Sandra

regards

anthony

Hi Anthony

Thanks

Sandra and I spoke offline from the forum and here are some more details in case anyone else has an idea. She is duplicating part of another system (RTC instance - pretty sure this is 3.0)

She has imported a process template (based on the new Formal template in RTC3). She has a bunch of work items, imported via CSV. However, when you open up the plan, it says there are 28 work items, but is not displaying them in the plan, and she gets the error message mentioned in the first post.

I thought this might be a problem with the settings on the plan (eg: they where execution items and the plan was set not to display there) - but that would not cause the error, and beside, she checked that already.

My other thought was the work item index is messed up - so she is in the process of rebuilding the index using repotools. She is using the commands listed in the excellent backup article (http://jazz.net/library/article/547)

repotools-ccm -reindex
repotools-ccm -rebuildTextIndices
repotools-jts -reindex
repotools-jts -rebuildTextIndices

Any other ideas anyone??

anthony

permanent link
Sandra Santos (3212425) | answered Jan 04 '11, 12:38 p.m.
Already solved.

Just deselect risk in edit filter.

Thanks,

Sandra

Getting this error...

Any idea, please.

Thanks

Snadra

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.