It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

why workflow action permission for a specific role can not work in RTC?

jane zhou (106865) | asked Apr 19 '18, 10:46 a.m.

Hi Someone who may concern,

We are working on CLM 6.0.4.
       When we tried to use the feature workflow action permission for a specific role in RTC, i.e. for this role, a action is revoked for a specific work flow, and We define a user as this role, and let him do the action for a work item used this workflow, we expect RTC will refuse him to do work flow transition since he has no permission to do so. However, RTC accept the user operate the action.
        We have checked, he has only 1 role, and he is not admin of the project.

So, we are wondering whether we need to change other things besides the section for workflow action in permission configuration?

Or, I should submit a PMR for support?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jane Zhou

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 20 '18, 1:45 a.m. | edited Apr 20 '18, 1:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

So far, in almost all of the cases, my experience is that the problem rather was the user not understanding how permissions work. Which role does the user have?

jane zhou commented Apr 20 '18, 11:15 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your reply! the user only has one role assigned, which I removed the permission to do workflow transition for a specified action. However, he still can do it.
So I asked the other user do the same test, the result is the same.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jane Zhou

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 21 '18, 7:50 p.m.

Have you verified that the Everyone role does not have permission to perform this operation?

All members of a project area automatically are assigned the Everyone role, and permissions from all of your roles are unioned together.

jane zhou selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 23 '18, 3:28 a.m.

Right. Unless the user has NO role assigned at all, they have usually at least TWO roles because all users have the default/everyone role.

jane zhou commented Apr 23 '18, 5:11 p.m.

Thanks for both of you!  

I found the Everyone was configured to enable this permission. When I remove it, the role without permission can not do the action any more.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.