It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Personal builds impact build definition status

Urs Breu (2613) | asked Dec 14 '10, 4:01 a.m.
When I request a personal build the build definition status is affected and everyone is notified on the build result.

Does the server/project/team require any additional configuration to make this work correctly?

3 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 14 '10, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The build definition status should not be affected by personal builds. I've verified that that's the case in 3.0, and there have been no changes in this area since 2.0. Which release are you running? Are you sure there isn't an earlier non-personal build that's affecting the status? It may also be the case that the UI state is out of sync with what's in the repository. Try selecting the build definition in the Team Artifacts view and choosing Refresh.

permanent link
Urs Breu (2613) | answered Dec 15 '10, 4:44 a.m.
The build definition status should not be affected by personal builds. I've verified that that's the case in 3.0, and there have been no changes in this area since 2.0. Which release are you running? Are you sure there isn't an earlier non-personal build that's affecting the status? It may also be the case that the UI state is out of sync with what's in the repository. Try selecting the build definition in the Team Artifacts view and choosing Refresh.

Thanks for your reply. I mixed up the build status visible in the Team Artifacts and the build status trend visible when looking at a build result.
The build definition build status is definitely not affected, so that's good!

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 15 '10, 5:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for clarifying. You're not the only one that's been thrown off by the trend showing status for personal builds. We really should indicate them differently.
See 103971: Exclude personal builds from status trend in build result.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.