It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Command line for work item interactions?

Kevin Zemanek (2454825) | asked Apr 15 '09, 9:26 a.m.
Are there any plans to support command line capabilities for interaction with work items? For example changing the Planned For field on a group of work items that meet particular criteria. I know that this can be done in the UI but there are times when doing it from the command line could be more productive.

I did search the RTC project for type=enhancements and full text=command line. The 27 hits didn't seem to indicate any planned support for this so I thought I would ask.

- Kevin Z.

3 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered May 20 '09, 5:43 p.m.
Also interested in the answer to this. I don't think it's possible to work with work items on the command line unless you code your own way of doing it using the API.

I am interested in this answer because I want to check a work item if it has been approved from Build Forge. For example, a "deployment record" in RTC that when approved would allow a Build Forge project to perform a deployment.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered May 20 '09, 6:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Also interested in the answer to this. I don't think it's possible to work with work items on the command line unless you code your own way of doing it using the API.

I am interested in this answer because I want to check a work item if it has been approved from Build Forge. For example, a "deployment record" in RTC that when approved would allow a Build Forge project to perform a deployment.

Nice ideas - please raise these as work items and post the numbers back here.

anthony

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered May 20 '09, 6:15 p.m.
Command line interface for work items:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=83846

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.