It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restoring a component removed from a stream?

Rich Salz (33255) | asked Nov 29 '10, 12:17 p.m.
I removed a component from the team's stream. How can I restore/undo it?
(I assume it's still under source control and therefore recoverable.)

7 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 29 '10, 12:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I removed a component from the team's stream. How can I restore/undo it?
(I assume it's still under source control and therefore recoverable.)

You can open the stream/workspace editor and see the list of components currently in the stream. There are actions to add a component to the stream. You can choose a specific baseline or the state from a snapshot/workspace/stream.

It's probably best to choose a specific baseline to add back to the stream. The component will have a baseline before it was dropped from the stream so you can select that and be back to before it was removed from the stream.

permanent link
Rich Salz (33255) | answered Nov 29 '10, 1:39 p.m.
It's probably best to choose a specific baseline to add back to the stream. The component will have a baseline before it was dropped from the stream so you can select that and be back to before it was removed from the stream.

I don't see any baselines. Are they created manually? Is there a syntax that says "what it was on Sept 20"?

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 29 '10, 1:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't see any baselines. Are they created manually? Is there a syntax that says "what it was on Sept 20"?A component will have at least one baseline. There will be an initial baseline when the component was created.

Where are you looking for baselines? When you add a component to the stream, a wizard will appear. Select that you want to add a component baseline and then search for the component that was dropped from stream. The following page will show all of the component's baselines. The most recent baseline is probably the state of the component when it was dropped.

permanent link
Rich Salz (33255) | answered Nov 29 '10, 2:06 p.m.
Where are you looking for baselines? When you add a component to the stream, a wizard will appear. Select that you want to add a component baseline and then search for the component that was dropped from stream. The following page will show all of the component's baselines. The most recent baseline is probably the state of the component when it was dropped.

Sadly, no. "show repository files" is empty, and the wizard did not put up a second page. :(

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Nov 29 '10, 3:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jazz SCM creates a baseline when a component is removed from a stream or workspace, if it wasn't already at a baseline.

If you select your component in the Team Artifacts view under (your project area) / Source Control / Components, and choose Show > Baselines, are any shown?

If so, you should be able to add it back by opening the stream editor and choose Add... -> Component baseline -> Next -> (enter component name) -> Next -> (choose baseline).

permanent link
Rich Salz (33255) | answered Nov 29 '10, 4:46 p.m.
Jazz SCM creates a baseline when a component is removed from a stream or workspace, if it wasn't already at a baseline.

If you select your component in the Team Artifacts view under (your project area) / Source Control / Components, and choose Show > Baselines, are any shown?

If so, you should be able to add it back by opening the stream editor and choose Add... -> Component baseline -> Next -> (enter component name) -> Next -> (choose baseline).

That was the missing step. Thank you!

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Nov 29 '10, 9:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Glad to hear.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.