It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Additional process templates ?

Michael Sternberg (8181) | asked Nov 29 '10, 10:04 a.m.
Where I can find additional process templates for Rational Team Concert ? I understand that everything can be customized but would like to start with something that resembles at least approximately our current process..

7 answers

permanent link
Thomas Yu (45183) | answered Nov 29 '10, 8:54 p.m.
Where I can find additional process templates for Rational Team Concert ? I understand that everything can be customized but would like to start with something that resembles at least approximately our current process..

Hi,

What do you mean by "additional" process templates? Is it possible for you to get started with the RTC built-in process templates?

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Nov 30 '10, 2:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As ThomasYu said, we have the following predefined templates in RTC3.0:
Cloudburst Sample Process
Formal Project Management Process
OpenUP Process
Scrum Process
Simple Team Process

Do you mean you want additional process templates besides these predefined process templates?

(You can deploy these predefined templates on either web client or eclipse client.)

permanent link
Michael Sternberg (8181) | answered Nov 30 '10, 2:22 a.m.

Hi,

What do you mean by "additional" process templates? Is it possible for you to get started with the RTC built-in process templates?

I would like to start with process template that resembles the "waterfall" process as close as possible - and to customize it further for our needs. I know that there is something called "formal process template" in RTC 3.0. I wonder if template processes of RTC 3.0 can be applied to RTC 2.0. If not - I have to find something for RTC 2.0..

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Nov 30 '10, 3:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
Since the process template "formal process template" is newly introduced in RTC3.0, so I am not sure whether you can use it in RTC2.0.
Anyway, I tried to export "formal process template" from 3.0 and import it to 2.0. The good news is this template can be imported without any error and can be used to create a project area successfully. But I cannot guarantee this template can work without any problems in RTC2.0.

Actually, I would suggest you to use RTC3.0 which was released several days ago. There are some new features that support traditional projects, such as set up work item sequence and show work item dependency in Gantt chart.

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Nov 30 '10, 6:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
Since the process template "formal process template" is newly introduced in RTC3.0, so I am not sure whether you can use it in RTC2.0.
Anyway, I tried to export "formal process template" from 3.0 and import it to 2.0. The good news is this template can be imported without any error and can be used to create a project area successfully. But I cannot guarantee this template can work without any problems in RTC2.0.

Actually, I would suggest you to use RTC3.0 which was released several days ago. There are some new features that support traditional projects, such as set up work item sequence and show work item dependency in Gantt chart.

The Formal Process template leverages features that did not exist in RTC 2.0, so I would certainly not recommend importing this template into the older product.

This is not a supported or tested scenario.

- Jared

permanent link
Kelly ONeill (2165) | answered Jan 25 '11, 1:38 p.m.
Hi,
I am looking to do the same thing, I need to use a Waterfall process template in 2.0. We will not be upgrading to 3.0 until it passes our internal testing.
Were you able to use the 3.0 template in version 2.0 successfully?

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | answered Nov 28 '12, 3:03 p.m.
This link says "Templates for additional processes can be downloaded from jazz.net.". Anyone know the URL?

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_process_template.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.