It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Enabling error logging

Chris Cawthorne (962819) | asked Nov 10 '08, 5:42 a.m.
Running RTC1.0 + LDAP + tomcat

Various user operations cause a message which says something like 'Permission denied - see the server logs for details'. For example, this can occur when you change email settings, and click on 'Save', or when a user tries to archive a project area.
The error logs in the tomcat/logs directory don't get updated when this error message is issued - do I need to change a configuration setting or is the additional information logged somewhere else?

4 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Nov 10 '08, 8:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you take a look at the jazz.log file in the log directory. All the error and info messages are present in tomcat/logs/jazz.log file.

If you can't find the messages in the log, please open a work item.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

Running RTC1.0 + LDAP + tomcat

Various user operations cause a message which says something like 'Permission denied - see the server logs for details'. For example, this can occur when you change email settings, and click on 'Save', or when a user tries to archive a project area.
The error logs in the tomcat/logs directory don't get updated when this error message is issued - do I need to change a configuration setting or is the additional information logged somewhere else?

permanent link
Chris Cawthorne (962819) | answered Nov 11 '08, 6:53 a.m.
As I said in my original post, none of the logs in the tomcat/logs directory are updated when this error occurs - the jazz.log file is in this directory but it doesn't get updated for this error.

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Nov 11 '08, 10:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please open a Work item.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

As I said in my original post, none of the logs in the tomcat/logs directory are updated when this error occurs - the jazz.log file is in this directory but it doesn't get updated for this error.

permanent link
Chris Cawthorne (962819) | answered Nov 11 '08, 11:43 a.m.
Sorry - forgot to say - I've opened defect 64174

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.