It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

There seems to be a misconfiguration with the widget settings, please check

Frank Schophuizen (19323226) | asked Apr 07 '14, 10:05 a.m.
I have a taskboard widget of a Sprint Backlog of my project on a dashboard, the a Project (project area selected), a Plan (my sprint backlog selected) and Plan View (Taskboard selected). Every now and then I get the error "There seems to be a misconfiguration with the widget settings, please check".
Re-entering the settings does not help, but duplicating the widget shows the correct taskboard. However, when saving the dashboard, going to a another view (e.g. a work item) and returning to the dashboard, the same "There seems to be a misconfiguration" message is shown again in the duplicated widget. So I can start over again.

What is wrong with the widget?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Apr 07 '14, 1:24 p.m.

which widget, which product, which browser? 

Don Yang commented Apr 08 '14, 12:53 a.m.

The problem does not make much sense without further check up.
1) what version of RTC are you using?
2) Do you see the same issue against other project area with the same settings in dashboard?
3) On the problematic widget, if you select other plan view such as work breakdown? do you see the same issue? If you select different plan with same plan view taskboard, do you see the same problem?
4) when you see the error in dashboard, checking with jts.log/ccm.log and see if there is any info logged during the same timing.

Frank Schophuizen commented Apr 15 '14, 9:08 a.m.

Which widget: Plan view widget

1) CLM 4.0.5
2) It does not happen in other project areas (as far as I know), and neither in other team areas (we have about 10 team areas within our project area).
3) It does not happen with other views (e.g. Work breakdown, Ranked list), it only happens for Taskboard.
It does not happen for other plans, as far as I could check.
4) I will check, but as a ordinary user I have no access to the server.

It seems to be something wrong with the plan itself, although the plan does work OK when opened. The plan type is "sprint backlog". I will try to create another sprint backlog plan with the same settings and see if that shows the same problems.

Frank Schophuizen commented Apr 15 '14, 9:24 a.m. | edited Apr 15 '14, 9:25 a.m.

I have created another sprint backlog plan, with the same settings. After putting both in plan view widgets, the old plan reproduces the problem (duplicating the widget shows the taskboard OK, but after CTRL-F5 is gives the error); the new plan is displayed OK.

So, I have a workaround but I am still curious why it happens.

For the time being, I will keep the problem plan, but not use it anymore...

Don Yang commented Apr 16 '14, 12:23 a.m.

That's interesting result. It would be good if you can check with jts.log and ccm.log in the timing when you see the issue.
You may also add ?debug=true before # in the URL and see if you get more info (ideally if you have firebug to start up) when the error comes up.

Frank Schophuizen commented Apr 29 '14, 6:27 a.m.

I have put the 2 widgets (the one with the problem and the one without the problem) next to each other on a separate dashboard tab. At this very moment they both work correctly. Who knows why...

Frank Schophuizen commented May 16 '14, 8:17 a.m.

To make it even more confusing, I have put the widget with the new plan on the original dashboard tab and now this new plan has the problem on the original dashboard tab, but not on the tab that contains both old and new plans.

So then, I created a entirely new tab with the same widgets (with the new plan that did not show the problem). It worked fine for a few days but then the same problem occurred but now with the new plan that did not show the problem before.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Accepted answer

permanent link
Frank Schophuizen (19323226) | answered Aug 07 '14, 8:21 a.m.
The problem still persists. I have no access to the log files because the admin team is outside by jurisdiction (I am working on a sandbox in an enterprise installation).

I have decided to give up. If anyone else finds a similar problem, I'd like to know though.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 07 '14, 9:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have selected this as answer because the question sitting here with a long comment trail, no answer and no way to access the administrators to get data back to support or fix anything, will leave this question unanswered forever.

I would suggest to submit a PMR to IBM support, if you can get the admins to cooperate with you. I don't see a way we can solve this in the forums.

Frank Schophuizen commented Aug 07 '14, 9:23 a.m.

Thanks. I will submit a PMR when I encounter a similar issue in a production environment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.