It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unresponsive Script error message in pop up box

renee nelson (781918) | asked Nov 23 '10, 7:50 a.m.
I am receiving an "Unresponsive Script" pop up box when navigating in RQM.
The message is as follows:
"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://rqm.xxxxxx.com:1111/jazz/web/_js/en_US/-4139086184/po:16"
The pop up box has 2 buttons - "Continue" and "Stop Script". If I press the "Continue" button, the browser shuts down. If I press the "Stop Script" button, I am able to navigate and work in RQM for just a short time before the pop up message displays again.

We just upgraded to ifix 05 and we are using Firefox
Question to the forum - has anyone else having this issue?
thanks!

6 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Dec 02 '10, 6:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What part of the UI are you using when you see this problem?

I've seen this in the past when my machine is both bogged down and I'm viewing something extremely data intensive.

All versions of RQM 2.1 or newer experience this problem much less frequently due to the server side paging implementation.

permanent link
renee nelson (781918) | answered Dec 03 '10, 7:04 a.m.
I am seeing this navigating between test plan test cases and test scripts. We are using Firefox (the latest version).

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Dec 07 '10, 6:07 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
How many tabs do you have open? "We are navigating between Test Plans, Cases, and Scripts" triggered that thought. I have heard of slow-downs in performance when a large number of tabs are open in the browser.
Perhaps your experience is related?

permanent link
renee nelson (781918) | answered Dec 08 '10, 7:05 a.m.
4 tabs were opened at the most. This happens from time to time when just navigating between 3 tabs (and only 3 are opened).

permanent link
renee nelson (781918) | answered Feb 11 '11, 9:53 a.m.
this is still occuring randomly but with less frequency. There are no set of steps to make this occur... perhaps this will go away 3.0

permanent link
renee nelson (781918) | answered Jul 01 '11, 2:22 p.m.
Just wanted to let you know that this is still an issue (no matter how many tabs are open).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.