It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Options for copying RQM project (with many images) from server A to server B?

A Locke (3939) | asked Aug 16 '17, 9:04 p.m.

Hello,
I used RQMCopyUtility to copy a testcase (with images in a Rich Text Section) from Server A to Server B, but there is a problem with the image copy. The name of the image file displays at Server B, but not the actual image. I just learned that this is a known limitation of RQMCopyUtility, which is unfortunate because we have thousands of images to move.

What other options are available for copying an RQM project (with many images) from server A to server B?

Thank you for your help!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Aug 17 '17, 8:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello!

Yes as you know the described issue is a known limitation in RQMCopyUtility also as discussed in workitem below

The issue you noticed is as illustrated below:

Lets assume testcase #13 has an attachment (test.png) in its rich text, this attachment will have an internal id eg: 1245
So if you look at testcase #13 XML, the attachment test.png is referred to by its id and not name.

So when you copy the above artifact to a destination server, testcase gets a new ID say testcase #20, but it still refers to attachment #1245. An attachment with this id on destination server shows up on the copied testcase.

You could use the following methods to evade this issue, but its a little deeper.

a. breakdown copy to GET -> modify -> POST.
1. Move attachments first to the destination server.
2. GET XML's of testcases from source server, modify it to point to correct attachment id's before you POST it to the destination server.

b. Use server rename to arrive at a copy environment where you will have all the data as is, but with a different hostname as explained under topic below 

Supported scenario: Setting up a test staging environment with production data

Best Regards
Sunil

A Locke selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
A Locke commented Aug 17 '17, 7:53 p.m.

Thank you, Sunil, for your help.

I now have a better understanding of the problem.
Your recommendation is much deeper than I hoped, but I plan to try it.

Thanks Again and Best Regards,
An

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.