It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

3.0.1.1 install license issue seen when not an issue on 3.0.1

Der M (6121418) | asked Jun 15 '12, 7:50 a.m.
edited Jun 15 '12, 3:11 p.m. by Robert Rassmann (9923)

Hello World.

I had a previously installed version of the CLM on 3.0.1.  We had a problem with the DB and decided to reinstall on a new server.

When I tried to use one of our licenses I got this error message

An error occurred while requesting a preview of the license state. (CRJAZ1645W The license key "Rational Jazz Team Server (RQM) - Enterprise" with ID "com.ibm.team.jazz.enterprise.rqm.standard-v2" is superseded by an existing license key "Rational Jazz Team Server - Enterprise" with ID "com.ibm.team.jazz.foundation.enterprise-v3". The license key with ID "com.ibm.team.jazz.enterprise.rqm.standard-v2" can not be installed.)ID CRJAZ1663E

I was prefviously able to install this licence before and use within 3.0.1  Any ideas?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jason Sholl (761) | answered Jun 18 '12, 4:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
CLM 3.0.1 only uses the v3 licenses.  It does not use the v2 licenses (the one in particular specified above is for RQM 2.x and is actually not even needed in this case).  Everything the v2 license would have enabled (if CLM 3.0.1 accepted the license) is already enabled with your v3 license.  This is what the message was trying to convey.

RQM should function just fine with v3 license you already applied.
Der M selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.