It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hierachy Filter in RQM

Leesen Padayachee (9955119) | asked Jun 29 '15, 9:37 a.m.
Hi

Is it possible to filter test cases with more than one category. For e.g., my client would like to filter their test cases in RQM in 3 levels. The top level should be "Level1", within these level1 results they would like to filter "Level2", and within the level 2 results they would like to filer a "Level 3".

Let me know if this is possible in RQM 5.0.1.

Thanks

Leesen

Comments
paul chu commented Jun 29 '15, 10:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't have 5.0.1 but you should be able to configure the columns display of the Test Cases list view to show all the categories.  Can you show them in the list view?  With them shown, it can filter all 3 levels at the same time.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 30 '15, 1:14 a.m.
Paul is right and this can be done in RQM5.0.1. Referring to the help:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_organize_with_categories.html?cp=SSYMRC_5.0.0&lang=en

You can create category Leve1 and under Level1 create subcategory Level2, under Level 2, create category Level3.
Then create values for each category and subcategories(sample can be referring to the help).
Then in testcase, if you scope to Level1 category by selecting a specific value, you will only see the values of subcategory level2 for that specific value and the same applies to Level3.
When going to Test Case list view, if you add Level1, Level2 and Level3 to the columns and you can filter
the test case by the category hierarchy.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.