It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't Import Microsoft Project files in 3.0 RC2

Jules Van de Velde (3633) | asked Nov 03 '10, 2:05 p.m.
I have installed RTC 3.0 RC2 and I'm trying to evaluate the importing of Microsoft Project XML files. However, when I click on either the 'Import Microsoft Project XML file' or the 'Export Microsoft Project XML file', I get a JS dialog error that says:

'Import/Export Microsoft Project XML file' cannot be executed

After this, the buttons are then disabled.

I have managed to get the import dialog to show up by altering the HTML using firebug, specifically by removing the 'jazz-ui-SimpleToolbar-button-disabled' CSS class from the button and setting the aria-disabled attribute to false.

After doing this, i can get the xml import dialog to show up but whenever I try to import a xml file, I get the following error when I click Finish

Exception occurred while importing the XML file. Exception : invalid UUID

The above happens with a Simple, Scrum and the new Project Management project templates. I see that the import dialog shows up here at jazz.net but I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2 answers

permanent link
Jules Van de Velde (3633) | answered Nov 08 '10, 2:54 p.m.
Found the problem and thought I would post it here.

Even though the Import/Export buttons are enabled at first on the create new plan UI, a plan must first be created/saved before Importing/Exporting.

permanent link
Alex Estevam (313) | answered Oct 11 '12, 6:54 p.m.
I am also having the same problem trying to upload some RUP iteration plans. Any ideas, anybody?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.