It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RTC 2.x licenses with RTC 3.0 RC2

Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | asked Nov 01 '10, 10:11 a.m.
edited Jun 15 '12, 6:31 a.m.
Hi,

My team is currently evaluating RTC 3 with a view to upgrading from 2.x. As part of our evaluation, we decided to try and use our existing RTC 2.x Standard Edition licenses with our RTC 3 RC2 install.

When we look at the licenses on the license key manager page however, the following text is shown in the status of the licenses:

Inactive (The "Developer" client access license type is not compatible with the "Rational Jazz Team Server Enterprise" server license edition. Install a compatible client access license or change the server license key.)

Looking at the RTC 2 download page there are different editions, however the 3.0 RC2 page only shows the one download. Is there an RC2 Standard Edition available for download anywhere, if not, is there any way of downgrading our RC2 installation to a Standard Edition level?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sreedhar Rella (24178) | answered Nov 02 '10, 4:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1) RTC 2.x licenses are not compatible with RTC 3.0.
2) Using RTC Server with a Derby Database (out of the box) has maximum Developer licenses limit to 10. You could use DB2 or other DB vendors and have unlimited licenses during evaluation period.
Jared Russell selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 01 '10, 12:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jared,

there is only one package currently that can be installed it contains everything. The licenses are shipped with the install and you can use those as an eval license. You don't need your production licenses for that.

I assume you will have to request new licenses for 3.0 once the final product is available.

Ralph

Hi,

My team is currently evaluating RTC 3 with a view to upgrading from 2.x. As part of our evaluation, we decided to try and use our existing RTC 2.x Standard Edition licenses with our RTC 3 RC2 install.

When we look at the licenses on the license key manager page however, the following text is shown in the status of the licenses:

Inactive (The "Developer" client access license type is not compatible with the "Rational Jazz Team Server Enterprise" server license edition. Install a compatible client access license or change the server license key.)

Looking at the RTC 2 download page there are different editions, however the 3.0 RC2 page only shows the one download. Is there an RC2 Standard Edition available for download anywhere, if not, is there any way of downgrading our RC2 installation to a Standard Edition level?

Thanks

permanent link
steven armstrong (3662) | answered Nov 01 '10, 6:20 p.m.
Hi we are wanting to preview version 3 RC2 to around 25 client users.
Is there a limit on the amount of licenses that come out the box with RC2 you can assign to users?

Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 02 '10, 2:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Steve,

on my machine the limit is 10 users. I try to find out if there is a way to extend it. Currently I don't know any.

Ralph

Hi we are wanting to preview version 3 RC2 to around 25 client users.
Is there a limit on the amount of licenses that come out the box with RC2 you can assign to users?

Thanks in advance.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.