It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using Jazz as Team/project Helpdesk

Dana Cleveland (142) | asked Mar 26 '08, 4:30 p.m.
Has anyone configured a project, workflow process to use jazz as a helpdesk, or strictly as an Issue/Request Tracking application.

I know, I know the big picture is the SCM/defect/team/etc facility, but with its open process, is there a way to configure it to handle just requests, most of which would not have any code associated with them, and would have minimum workflow (initiated, open, closed, resolved) etc..

Maybe I am just missing something, I thought it would be pretty easy to configure it that way, but I really haven't figured it out..

One answer

permanent link
Shawn Lauzon (38174) | answered Mar 26 '08, 11:15 p.m.
I think you're making it more complicated than necessary. A user can simply create a work item, and then when it is complete, mark it as Fixed (or Returned, or whatever). There is no need at all to commit any sort of code.

As an example, when you create an Eclipse Way project, a set of Tasks are created, and none of them have any code associated with them.

If you want to get fancy, you can create your own Work Item task with its own state change machine; this is described in the tutorial about the Process Management portion of Jazz.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.