It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTCz-Why not compile?

Silvia Bosca (28145) | asked Oct 04 '10, 12:34 p.m.
Hi,

I am using RTCz 2.0.0.2

When changing environment, need to compile / linkeditar in the new environment. Change the baselines in the component in the workspace / stream where I have the COBOL programs, and require a build using the build definition of the new environment, pointing to the corresponding Z libraries (dataset prefix). As a result, it generates the source libraries in Z, but does not build the object and load libraries. I tried changing various options in the build definition, but I get the expected result. Can you help on this?

Regards, Silvia

6 answers

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Oct 05 '10, 10:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am using RTCz 2.0.0.2

When changing environment, need to compile / linkeditar in the new environment. Change the baselines in the component in the workspace / stream where I have the COBOL programs, and require a build using the build definition of the new environment, pointing to the corresponding Z libraries (dataset prefix). As a result, it generates the source libraries in Z, but does not build the object and load libraries. I tried changing various options in the build definition, but I get the expected result. Can you help on this?

Regards, Silvia

Hi Silva
When you say "it generates the source libraries" You mean that the PDSE's are created and the members are created containing the source that you want to compile..... right?... and the failure is that although the source is created on the host machine it is not compiled. Does the build results say that it has failed? and if so is there any information in the build log file that indicates what has happened?

Guy

permanent link
Silvia Bosca (28145) | answered Oct 06 '10, 3:48 a.m.
Right, it creates PDSE with the sources, and link specifications. Does not fault, but not create objects or executables (not compile/linkedit). The return code is 0. And BuildablesFiles.xml file has only the project, empty.

To promote development to QA, we change the baseline in the stream component of QA. We need to do something else?

Thanks!!

permanent link
Robin Bobbitt (59679) | answered Oct 06 '10, 10:56 a.m.
Hi Silvia,

Can you please verify that your files have language definitions associated with them?

Thanks,
Robin

Right, it creates PDSE with the sources, and link specifications. Does not fault, but not create objects or executables (not compile/linkedit). The return code is 0. And BuildablesFiles.xml file has only the project, empty.

To promote development to QA, we change the baseline in the stream component of QA. We need to do something else?

Thanks!!

permanent link
Hector Agudo (4622) | answered Oct 06 '10, 12:12 p.m.
Hi Robin,

It's verified, and it's ok.

Regards

Hi Silvia,

Can you please verify that your files have language definitions associated with them?

Thanks,
Robin

Thanks!!

permanent link
Hector Agudo (4622) | answered Oct 06 '10, 12:12 p.m.
Hi Robin,

It's verified, and it's ok.

Regards

Hi Silvia,

Thanks,
Robin

Thanks!!

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Oct 06 '10, 9:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Silva/hector

Firstly your promotion question. Yes, changing the baseline in a stream effectively modifies the content of the stream. You can verify this by loading a workspace with the content of the QA stream and checking to see that the expected source is there.
I think we are slowly painting the picture of your scenario. I am guessing that you are 'promoting' source to QA and then wanting to build. Since you say the PDSE's and members area created you could verify that the correct source is being created on zOS by looking at the content of a program you know has been modified and promoted and see if the expected content is there.
I think the next step we need to make so we can help you out is for you to open a defect in our project area and file it against 'build'. When you open the defect could you please attach the build.xml file you are using and also the content of the build log so we can take a look.
We monitor defects so we should see it being opened but just to be safe please post back on this tread with the defect number that you created.

thanks
Guy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.