It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[Q] Can weekends be excluded from burndown charts?

Dmitry Bisikalo (1665) | asked Sep 10 '10, 3:43 p.m.
edited Jun 14 '12, 2:27 p.m. by Jared Burns (4.5k29)
The burndown charts are always be stepped due to including weekends. Is there an option to have a smoother burndown by hiding weekends?

Thanks, Dmitry

Comments
Walter OLIERES commented Jun 14 '12, 12:18 p.m. | edited Jun 14 '12, 1:11 p.m.

Hi,

I've got the same issue. Do you success in excluding weekends from bunrdown charts?

Thanks, Walter

Accepted answer

permanent link
Matthias Buettgen (23612331) | answered Aug 06 '12, 6:00 a.m.
Hi there,

As far as I know is there already an enhancement request issued which covers this problem. More information related to that is available here:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=176888

Anyway, we had the same question within our organization and adapted the existing Burndown report so that the adapted version can be customized by an additional parameter to exclude certain days from the Burndown result. Due to the additional parameter it doesn't work in the plan view but for all other reporting issues it works quite good in our environment. If you interested in the adaptations I can give you some details about the changes or send the rptdesign file to you.

Regards
Matthias
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Aug 13 '12, 10:52 a.m.

Hello, I have added my comments to this WI. I would be interested in your solution as well. sferguson@mercurycc.com

2 other answers

permanent link
Karl Bekkou (323) | answered Aug 06 '12, 3:59 a.m.
Hi There,

We also do have the problem with the burdown that includes staturday and sunday, any answers from IBM ?

Regards.

Karl.

permanent link
Karl Bekkou (323) | answered Aug 13 '12, 9:20 a.m.
Hi Matthias,

Many thanks for your answer.
Yes I am  very interrested in the rptdesign file for excuding some days in the report.
Coud you please share it ? Or send it by email : kbekkou@bouyguestelecom.fr

Many thanks.

Best regards.

Karl Bekkou

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.