It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.3: Associating WorkItems with a Build Result?

Jason MacDonald (1146) | asked Sep 20 '13, 12:36 p.m.
We're using RTC 4.0.3, and even though we have a requirement to supply a WorkItem and comment to a changeset, nothing appears in the build result's Work Items tab after a build completes.

Is there a way to display what WIs were associated with a particular build? I looked at the workItemPublisher Ant task, but that didn't seem to be it (unless you create the changeset/WI file prior, somehow).

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39336662) | answered Sep 22 '13, 7:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
would you like to have a look , how the JKE Build has been done?? That will give you some insight about the WI associated with the Build.

Comments
Jason MacDonald commented Sep 23 '13, 8:48 a.m.

Sure, but I thought it would be built-in to see what work Items were part of each build. If there's something you could show me, that would be great.

Thanks.

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Sep 23 '13, 10:40 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You have to accept the change via the teamAccept Ant task, or through the Jazz Build Engine.  Then it will create the work item/change set linkages.

~Spencer

Comments
Jason MacDonald commented Sep 23 '13, 11:17 a.m.

Okay, that makes sense, but I guess I have to understand where check-in/deliver a changeset falls into the workflow. I added the teamAccept task but the log shows:

[teamAccept] Accepted 0 change sets.
[teamAccept] Discarded 0 change sets.

even though I delivered a change. There is an entry in the changeset file I supplied in the teamAccept task as well...

Thanks for any help Spencer!

Spencer Murata commented Sep 23 '13, 11:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you have a dedicated build workspace?  If you are delivering to the same workspace that is doing the accept there will not be anything to accept!

~Spencer 

Jason MacDonald commented Sep 23 '13, 12:35 p.m.

The simple things.... after creating a new build WS, there are links being displayed for the changes, although it still says this in the log

Thanks Spencer!!

Nick Edgar commented Oct 27 '13, 2:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Jason, could you please mark Spencer's response as accepted? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.