It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC Faqs

anoop mc (74811197221) | asked Sep 01 '10, 10:33 a.m.
RRC Faqs:

We are evaluating the Jazz product RRC and have got few unansered questions in mind they are as below.

1. Can multiple RRC Project be linked to Single ReqPro Project and ViceVersa ?

2. We have seen creating a new document in RRC from the Artifacts tab choosing docs from the drop down menu.Wanted to know how can we import (eg: a word document, an Use-Case , Business Process Diagrams) into RRC ?

3. Suppose Tom is a Project Manager, having RRC Client Installed on his laptop he is working on the design documents. Can he work offline without being connected to the project Repository and later on get synchronize with the server ?

4. Do we have any versioning capabilities for tracking the changes made to the requirement docs ?

5. Reporting capabilities with respect to RRC ? Can it be integrated with Cystal Reports ?

6. Can we refer back to the same requirements documents, suppose in RTC Interation Plan1 we reffered to requirements documents (Baseline1) Can we refer to the same Baseline in Iteration Plan2 also ?

It would be great if anyone can answer or guide me to the right direction

Thank you
mc

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 08 '10, 11:10 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Currently there is a one-to-one mapping of projects supported in the integration. If you need multiple mappings, you should create baselines in ReqPro and create additional projects from those baselines (which will each correspond with a unique RRC project).

2. We have seen creating a new document in RRC from the Artifacts tab choosing docs from the drop down menu.Wanted to know how can we import (eg: a word document, an Use-Case , Business Process Diagrams) into RRC ?

Word docs can be uploaded and stored as Word docs. You can make links to/from these docs and (I think) comment on them. If you want to convert the content to RRC document format, the simplest approach (for now) is probably copy and paste; you can loose some formatting but keep the contents. This is an area we'd like to improve in the future, and I invite you to open an enhancement or add your comments to one that exists already.

3. Suppose Tom is a Project Manager, having RRC Client Installed on his laptop he is working on the design documents. Can he work offline without being connected to the project Repository and later on get synchronize with the server ?

We haven't yet implemented support for the off-line editing scenario.

4. Do we have any versioning capabilities for tracking the changes made to the requirement docs ?

All versions of each artifacts are saved in the RRC repository. See http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12551 for a recent discussion about how to use this.

5. Reporting capabilities with respect to RRC ? Can it be integrated with Cystal Reports ?

I'm not aware of anyone having done this; there is a REST-based reporting API that is documented in the information center.

6. Can we refer back to the same requirements documents, suppose in RTC Interation Plan1 we reffered to requirements documents (Baseline1) Can we refer to the same Baseline in Iteration Plan2 also ?

Yes, but somewhat indirectly. You can create a collection, apply a baseline with a meaningful name ("Iteration 1 requirements"). In RTC a task exists to implement a requirement for this iteration. The RTC user follows the link to the RRC UI, and in the sidebar selects the relevant collection. If the appropriate snapshot is not already applied to the collection, then do so. Then you see the requirement at the version relevant to Iteration 1. Once the OSLC-RM api defines a way to express specific versions of requirements we'll be able to make this more direct in the UIs.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811197221) | answered Sep 09 '10, 7:59 a.m.

Currently there is a one-to-one mapping of projects supported in the integration. If you need multiple mappings, you should create baselines in ReqPro and create additional projects from those baselines (which will each correspond with a unique RRC project).

Word docs can be uploaded and stored as Word docs. You can make links to/from these docs and (I think) comment on them. If you want to convert the content to RRC document format, the simplest approach (for now) is probably copy and paste; you can loose some formatting but keep the contents. This is an area we'd like to improve in the future, and I invite you to open an enhancement or add your comments to one that exists already.

We haven't yet implemented support for the off-line editing scenario.

All versions of each artifacts are saved in the RRC repository. See http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12551 for a recent discussion about how to use this.

I'm not aware of anyone having done this; there is a REST-based reporting API that is documented in the information center.

Yes, but somewhat indirectly. You can create a collection, apply a baseline with a meaningful name ("Iteration 1 requirements"). In RTC a task exists to implement a requirement for this iteration. The RTC user follows the link to the RRC UI, and in the sidebar selects the relevant collection. If the appropriate snapshot is not already applied to the collection, then do so. Then you see the requirement at the version relevant to Iteration 1. Once the OSLC-RM api defines a way to express specific versions of requirements we'll be able to make this more direct in the UIs.

once again thanking you for the valuable information.

permanent link
Parasuram Anantharam (2122) | answered May 16 '11, 1:53 p.m.
Hi,
We are using RRC 2.0.0.3. Our tools team is evaluating our plan to use snapshots and I'm aware of the History function. Is there a best practice for versioning artifacts in RRC? I saw one case where someone had copied a header from ReqPro and were using it for versioning...

I'd be really grateful for any input.

Thank you.
Parshu

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.