It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a query equivalent option in RRC as we have in RQM 2.X

anoop mc (74811200221) | asked Oct 15 '14, 4:12 a.m.
Hi,

One of the project team is looking for a  query like option in RRC 4.0.6 as we have in RQM 2.X.

Based on the requirements artifacts they would like to pull the reports in CSV format.

Let me know is there a solution.

One answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Oct 15 '14, 7:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Anoop,

You'll need to be more specific about what type of information you're looking to query against, however RRC has the ability to create "View Filters" against your requirement artifacts, and you are able to export the results of that View to a CSV format. Here are some example steps you can follow, using the JKE sample project defined through LPA:

- Navigate to an RRC project area (e.g. the JKE sample defined through LPA), and go to the "Browse Artifacts" page. 
- Once you are in the Artifacts grid view, you should see a few tabs on the left of the page - Views should be one of the tabs. Click on the Views tab.
- As an example, click on one of the views. The Grid should populate with the results of this View.
- If you hover your cursor over the View which you just selected, you should see a Pencil icon appear. Click the Pencil.
- A dropdown menu should display, and one of the options in the dropdown should be "Export". Clicking this button will generate a CSV export of the View you selected - including all of the information from the columns displayed in the Grid.

From the Pencil dropdown menu, you can also select to Generate a Document-Style Report which gives you many more reporting abilities, and will display the report in .doc or .pdf format.

Does this answer your question? I hope this helps!
Mike Jaworski

Comments
anoop mc commented Oct 16 '14, 6:34 a.m.

Thanks Michael for the detailed information - Let me work with the project team and see if the above information helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.