It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How Can I Control the Order of Available Reports Presented from RDNG?

Nate Decker (37814161) | asked Sep 10 '14, 9:47 a.m.

When you launch a report from RDNG (AKA RRC, AKA RM), a dialog displays a list showing the available reports from which you can choose. You can see a screenshot of this here under section 6.2.

Is there  a way to control the order in which those reports are displayed? I had initially hoped that the Manifest file governed the order. However, that doesn't appear to be the case. The reports are also not listed in alphabetical order. Is there some other way of controlling this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Sep 10 '14, 10:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Nate,

We actually received a request for this functionality earlier this year, so this should be addressed in the 5.0 release under work item Publish Service Initialization should maintain the templateLibrary order as it appears in the template Manifest (85275). I believe once you modify the Manifest, you'll need to execute https://[host]/rm/publish/initialize via your browser in order for the Manifest changes to take effect.

Hope this helps,
Mike Jaworski
Nate Decker selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nate Decker commented Sep 10 '14, 10:24 a.m.

Okay thanks. We're still on 4.0.6 and might not be able to upgrade to 5.0 for a while (since major revision numbers need special authorization). But at least I know it'll be available in the future.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.