It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connecting Insight to RTC

Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | asked Aug 18 '10, 4:19 p.m.
I've got the RTC 2.0 Job, Loop_RTC2.0, running in Data Manager. This job runs correctly and I am able to run reports and view the data correctly.

However, my system administration team is concerned about giving out the ID and password to the databases for each of our RTC repositories, so they would prefer I use a separate ID with read-only access.

My questions:
1) Is it possible to run the job using a read-only ID? It seems logical, but I wanted to ask.

2) If so, what tables does this ID need to be able to read? Although I can get this working with an ID that has full read-write access, the same job doesn't work with my read-only ID.

Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Petroula Pantazopoulos (36612) | answered Mar 04 '11, 8:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've got the RTC 2.0 Job, Loop_RTC2.0, running in Data Manager. This job runs correctly and I am able to run reports and view the data correctly.

However, my system administration team is concerned about giving out the ID and password to the databases for each of our RTC repositories, so they would prefer I use a separate ID with read-only access.

My questions:
1) Is it possible to run the job using a read-only ID? It seems logical, but I wanted to ask.

2) If so, what tables does this ID need to be able to read? Although I can get this working with an ID that has full read-write access, the same job doesn't work with my read-only ID.

Thanks!

For question 1) Yes creating an account with read only privileges on the RTC data mart will do. The ETL process only requires select privileges on the tables.

For qustion 2) To see which schemas participate in the RTC data mart go to this link: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataWarehouseSnapshotSchemas

The other thing that Data Manager requires is access to the database's system tables for information regarding table names, columns and their type etc. That is the ability to discover meta-data about the tables that are involved in the ETL.

permanent link
Sudhakar Frederick (80113631) | answered Mar 05 '11, 8:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 5/03/2011 1:08 AM, petroula wrote:
The other thing that Data Manager requires is access to the database's
system tables for information regarding table names, columns and their
type etc. That is the ability to discover meta-data about the tables
that are involved in the ETL.

How can I make sure that the Data Manager *does* have access to the
system tables?
Thanks

permanent link
Petroula Pantazopoulos (36612) | answered Mar 17 '11, 8:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 5/03/2011 1:08 AM, petroula wrote:
The other thing that Data Manager requires is access to the database's
system tables for information regarding table names, columns and their
type etc. That is the ability to discover meta-data about the tables
that are involved in the ETL.

How can I make sure that the Data Manager *does* have access to the
system tables?
Thanks

It's not a question of DM having access to the tables, but rather the account you are specifying to connect to the Insight and RTC warehouse. Maybe a quick test on the oracle database such as "select * from all_tables where owner='RIODS'" for the Insight database and something similar against the RTC database can quickly show you if the account you are using has a problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.