It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Suite of Manual Test Scripts only runs the first script

Timothy McKemy (1082317) | asked Aug 17 '10, 12:20 p.m.
I have created a Test Suite consisting of three Test Cases which hold a single Manual Test Script each. When I run the Suite and select the checkboxes for all three Test Cases, only the first Test Case's Script will execute. I pass all the steps in the manual script and click "Close", which returns me to the Test Suite Execution Console, but the second Test Case/Script never starts.

Is there some setting I need to change or is this a bug?

3 answers

permanent link
Timothy McKemy (1082317) | answered Aug 17 '10, 3:07 p.m.
More info: The Test Suite status is "In Progress", but there is no way to stop its execution or continue to the next script.

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Aug 19 '10, 9:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The only thing that comes to mind is that sometimes there is a lengthy delay (around 2 minutes) between the completion of first test case that runs and the start of the next test case that should run. Also, at times I've needed to hit the refresh icon above the list of Test Cases on the Test Suite Execution Page. Other than that, this sounds like a defect and you should make sure you're on the latest iFix for your release as it might have already been fixed.

In reference to stopping a Test Suite, if the suite is ran in serial you can cancel the currently executing Test Case. There's a cancel button on the execution page of a script. Hitting that will cause the suite not to run any remaining Test Cases.

If the suite was ran in parallel mode, then you would need to cancel the execution of all of the individual Test Cases. Since they were all started at the same time, you would need to go to the execution page of each script and hit cancel.

permanent link
Renato Mori (10012330) | answered Nov 24 '10, 10:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
More info: The Test Suite status is "In Progress", but there is no way to stop its execution or continue to the next script.

I'm having the same problem.
I'm using RQM 2.0.1 iFix 4

Timothy, you found the solution??

thanks in advance.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.