It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM / RRC integration

Bruno Braga (48013621) | asked Aug 08 '09, 10:40 a.m.

Importing requirements into Rational Quality Manager

If you have requirements defined in an external tool, such as IBM Rational RequisitePro, you can import them directly into Rational Quality Manager, where they are visible in the Requirements editor. You can also import requirements that are saved as local XML files.

If I don't have the RequisitePro, I can import or integrate directly with Requirement Composer too?

I would like to get requirements from Requirement Composer, not from Requisite Pro.

Jazz "Cross-Server Comunication" solve my problem?

5 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Aug 10 '09, 11:28 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RRC integration is forthcoming... it was part of the cALM scenarios outline for RQM2.0 but did not quite make it into the 2.0 release.
Look for it in an upcoming update.
"Cross Server Communication" will solve your problem; just not yet.
Regards,
John

Importing requirements into Rational Quality Manager

If you have requirements defined in an external tool, such as IBM Rational RequisitePro, you can import them directly into Rational Quality Manager, where they are visible in the Requirements editor. You can also import requirements that are saved as local XML files.

If I don't have the RequisitePro, I can import or integrate directly with Requirement Composer too?

I would like to get requirements from Requirement Composer, not from Requisite Pro.

Jazz "Cross-Server Comunication" solve my problem?

permanent link
Bruno Braga (48013621) | answered Aug 10 '09, 12:31 p.m.
Hi John,

Thanks!

We was intending to use this scenario in RQM 2.0 + RRC 2.0.

BTW, "upcoming update" is 2.0.1 or only 3.0?

Is there a workitem for this integration (cALM) where I can subscribe?

permanent link
Craig Lawton (2121) | answered Aug 10 '09, 2:31 p.m.
I would start looking for it toward the end of this year.

Regards,
Craig

permanent link
Sylvia Brown (161) | answered Aug 12 '09, 1:57 p.m.
When attemting to import requirements, I receive the following error:

: The requisite web server may be temporarily unavailable. Please check your hostname and port

We have tried every possible combination to enter the server and port information. For example:

Host Name: http://server.company.com:port
Port: port

However, nothing works and we get the same error every time. Can someone offer some insight on this? Thanks!

permanent link
Sanal Menon (611612) | answered Aug 18 '09, 4:42 p.m.
Hi, I am trying to import Requirements from an excel file (excel data converted to xml format, manually) into RQM.

Once the import is completed, RQM gives me a successful import message. However, I do not see the requirements in the requirements module of RQM. Any solutions?

Note: Since there is not utility to export excel requirements to xml, Ihave manually created the xml using one of the sample xml schemas provided by Rational. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.