Jazz Forum Welcome to the Jazz Community Forum Connect and collaborate with IBM Engineering experts and users

RQM / RRC integration


Importing requirements into Rational Quality Manager

If you have requirements defined in an external tool, such as IBM Rational RequisitePro, you can import them directly into Rational Quality Manager, where they are visible in the Requirements editor. You can also import requirements that are saved as local XML files.


If I don't have the RequisitePro, I can import or integrate directly with Requirement Composer too?

I would like to get requirements from Requirement Composer, not from Requisite Pro.

Jazz "Cross-Server Comunication" solve my problem?

0 votes



5 answers

Permanent link
The RRC integration is forthcoming... it was part of the cALM scenarios outline for RQM2.0 but did not quite make it into the 2.0 release.
Look for it in an upcoming update.
"Cross Server Communication" will solve your problem; just not yet.
Regards,
John


Importing requirements into Rational Quality Manager

If you have requirements defined in an external tool, such as IBM Rational RequisitePro, you can import them directly into Rational Quality Manager, where they are visible in the Requirements editor. You can also import requirements that are saved as local XML files.


If I don't have the RequisitePro, I can import or integrate directly with Requirement Composer too?

I would like to get requirements from Requirement Composer, not from Requisite Pro.

Jazz "Cross-Server Comunication" solve my problem?

0 votes


Permanent link
Hi John,

Thanks!

We was intending to use this scenario in RQM 2.0 + RRC 2.0.

BTW, "upcoming update" is 2.0.1 or only 3.0?

Is there a workitem for this integration (cALM) where I can subscribe?

0 votes


Permanent link
I would start looking for it toward the end of this year.

Regards,
Craig

0 votes


Permanent link
When attemting to import requirements, I receive the following error:

: The requisite web server may be temporarily unavailable. Please check your hostname and port

We have tried every possible combination to enter the server and port information. For example:

Host Name: http://server.company.com:port
Port: port

However, nothing works and we get the same error every time. Can someone offer some insight on this? Thanks!

0 votes


Permanent link
Hi, I am trying to import Requirements from an excel file (excel data converted to xml format, manually) into RQM.

Once the import is completed, RQM gives me a successful import message. However, I do not see the requirements in the requirements module of RQM. Any solutions?

Note: Since there is not utility to export excel requirements to xml, Ihave manually created the xml using one of the sample xml schemas provided by Rational. Thanks!

0 votes

Your answer

Register or log in to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.

Search context
Follow this question

By Email: 

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here.

By RSS:

Answers
Answers and Comments
Question details

Question asked: Aug 08 '09, 10:40 a.m.

Question was seen: 9,110 times

Last updated: Aug 08 '09, 10:40 a.m.

Confirmation Cancel Confirm