It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAFW 7.1.1.4: deprecated APP_NAME_update.properties options?

Anthony Wat (3142) | asked Jul 26 '10, 3:49 p.m.
I am currently doing some PoC with using RAFW 7.1.1.4 to update a Java EE application using the was_common_deploy_update_app action command. I was looking for options to supply additional options to supply things like EJB reference mappings and virtual hosts when adding new Java EE modules to the application, only to find that the code that supports these options in APP_NAME_update.properties have been deprecated. For example, in updateApp.py:

## leaving ADDITIONAL_MAPPINGS for backwards compatibility

## deprecated in 7.1.1.3
if (updateprops.has_key( keyPrefix + "ADDITIONAL_MAPPINGS")):
addmappingsvar = updateprops[keyPrefix + "ADDITIONAL_MAPPINGS"]
#endIf

Why are these options deprecated in 7.1.1.3? What is the alternative method of supplying the required options, if the process has changed? Please advise.

2 answers

permanent link
Timothy Robertson (216143) | answered Jul 26 '10, 5:29 p.m.
For this use case I would recommend using the was_common_deploy_install_app Action. The was_common_deploy_install_app target has logic to do an update of an existing application if it is already installed. With this target you get the full complement of available wsadmin options. Starting in 7.1.1.4 these options can be split out into individual properties in the application properties file. See rafw_home/samples/xml/was/VERSION/appName_split_was_VERSION.properties for examples and details on using the split options format.

permanent link
Anthony Wat (3142) | answered Jul 27 '10, 10:41 p.m.
For this use case I would recommend using the was_common_deploy_install_app Action. The was_common_deploy_install_app target has logic to do an update of an existing application if it is already installed. With this target you get the full complement of available wsadmin options. Starting in 7.1.1.4 these options can be split out into individual properties in the application properties file. See rafw_home/samples/xml/was/VERSION/appName_split_was_VERSION.properties for examples and details on using the split options format.

Thanks Timothy for your reply. With was_common_deploy_install_app, does it imply a full EAR update? In that case, it sounds that I would need to manually update an EAR that is exported from the server before re-installing it. Please let me know if this sounds right.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.