It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Agent runs with Default user profile on Windows

Aruljothi Sivakurunathan (31108) | asked Nov 09 '10, 5:01 a.m.
Friends,

I installed buildforge agent as DOMAIN\USER1 on a Server and Configured to run buildforge agent service as Local System.

If i execute a project using DOMAIN\USER1 server authentication, everything works fine as it loads the User profile of DOMAIN\USER1 as seen from USERPROFILE environment variable.

But if i execute a project using USER2 (local mchine account) server authentication, Agent does not load the User profile of USER2 rather i see that it uses Default user profile as seen from USERPROFILE environment.

To our requirement, We have to run a command only after loading the respective user profile. Can you please help us addres this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Aruljothi.S

2 answers

permanent link
Aruljothi Sivakurunathan (31108) | answered Nov 09 '10, 1:23 p.m.
Friends,

I did some more research and following is my observation.

if i login to the server where Agent is running and keep the session active (disconnect, but not logoff), then i see project executes successfully as it uses the USER PROFILE properly and i see the value of USERPROFILE with USER PROFILE path.

Since Windows 2003 supports two active terminal services session by default, I logged in as two different user and kept the session active and then project executed successfully for those two user server authentication on that server where as it failed if i try with any user whose session is not active.

Only differnce i observe is if the USER session is not active, buildforge Agent uses Default User profile and if the USER session is active, It uses proper USER profile

We use buildforge to execute devenv (VS) which inturn uses Mainwin plugin (This expects proper USERPROFILE to be loaded) and hence it is important for us to work this out.

Thanks in advance,
Aruljothi.S

Thanks,
Aruljothi.S

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Nov 15 '10, 8:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Friends,

I did some more research and following is my observation.

if i login to the server where Agent is running and keep the session active (disconnect, but not logoff), then i see project executes successfully as it uses the USER PROFILE properly and i see the value of USERPROFILE with USER PROFILE path.

Since Windows 2003 supports two active terminal services session by default, I logged in as two different user and kept the session active and then project executed successfully for those two user server authentication on that server where as it failed if i try with any user whose session is not active.

Only differnce i observe is if the USER session is not active, buildforge Agent uses Default User profile and if the USER session is active, It uses proper USER profile

We use buildforge to execute devenv (VS) which inturn uses Mainwin plugin (This expects proper USERPROFILE to be loaded) and hence it is important for us to work this out.

Thanks in advance,
Aruljothi.S

Thanks,
Aruljothi.S

Hi,

Which version of the agent are you using? There was bug fix in the user profile area of the agent that you might not have if you're using an agent prior to 7.1.1.1-1-0016 .

Best regards,

Brent Ulbricht
Build Forge Test

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.