It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

buildforge project

sridevi yv (10632) | asked Aug 17 '10, 5:14 a.m.
hi,
am working on dynamic server selection in buildforge.. am using the attribute MEM_TOTAL for collectors and selectors..but when i start the project the job is dying without even starting and the error i get is server could not be selected.. the ram size i have specified, i mean the values are absolutely correct.. i don know wats the prob..can someone help me resolve this?

5 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Aug 18 '10, 11:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi,
am working on dynamic server selection in buildforge.. am using the attribute MEM_TOTAL for collectors and selectors..but when i start the project the job is dying without even starting and the error i get is server could not be selected.. the ram size i have specified, i mean the values are absolutely correct.. i don know wats the prob..can someone help me resolve this?

Hi,

Do you have any other selector properties for the selector other than MEM_TOTAL? If you do, you might try just starting with MEM_TOTAL and gradually adding selector properties until you find which one could be causing a server to not be found.

Another item to check would be that when you view the manifest properties for the server you're expecting to run the job that the MEM_TOTAL attribute collected by the collector does have a value that will match for the selector.

For example, these are the values that I see for one of my servers.

Name Value

BF_LAST_REFRESH 1282146466
MEM_TOTAL 5069
BF_JOBS 0
BF_LOADRATIO 0
BF_LASTJOBS 0
BF_AGENT_VERSION 7.1.1.4.0.0023
BF_LAST_UPDATE 1282146466

In my selector, I just have one selector property for MEM_TOTAL with greater than (GT) and a value of 0. That might be another good test to verify that with just one selector property of MEM_TOTAL and for it to select on greater than (GT) of 0.

bju

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Aug 19 '10, 1:11 a.m.
hi,

Hi,

Do you have any other selector properties for the selector other than MEM_TOTAL? If you do, you might try just starting with MEM_TOTAL and gradually adding selector properties until you find which one could be causing a server to not be found.

Another item to check would be that when you view the manifest properties for the server you're expecting to run the job that the MEM_TOTAL attribute collected by the collector does have a value that will match for the selector.

For example, these are the values that I see for one of my servers.

Name Value

BF_LAST_REFRESH 1282146466
MEM_TOTAL 5069
BF_JOBS 0
BF_LOADRATIO 0
BF_LASTJOBS 0
BF_AGENT_VERSION 7.1.1.4.0.0023
BF_LAST_UPDATE 1282146466

In my selector, I just have one selector property for MEM_TOTAL with greater than (GT) and a value of 0. That might be another good test to verify that with just one selector property of MEM_TOTAL and for it to select on greater than (GT) of 0.

bju

hi,
Ya i have just used mem_total..there are no other properties included..i know its not able to find a server with the specified ramsize.. i have checked it properly and given the values..am not understanding why this is happening..

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Aug 19 '10, 1:21 a.m.
hi bju,
i have to launch a project on the failure of a step of another project and after that the failed step has to be re-executed..
Can u pls tell me how this can be done using .retry command if u know about that..??

permanent link
charanjeet singh (11) | answered Aug 19 '10, 2:24 p.m.
hi bju,
i have to launch a project on the failure of a step of another project and after that the failed step has to be re-executed..
Can u pls tell me how this can be done using .retry command if u know about that..??

You should chain the project which you want to launch at the step which is getting failed using Fail Chain option and then the project which you want to launch will be executed and add the step which is getting failed as last step in the newly launched project.

permanent link
sridevi yv (10632) | answered Aug 23 '10, 5:02 a.m.
ok this is understandable but can i do this using .retry command??

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.