It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not able to able a drive using _MAP

Veena Balakrishna (361106) | asked Sep 16 '10, 5:02 a.m.
Hi,

I have a AIX machine, mdsbpower14. I have created a Samba share and trying to access from Windows XP machine.

I was able to Physically map to Windows machine to Z:

I am trying to map using _MAP to access the drive from Build Forge but it is not successfully happening.

In Environment window,

Type:Standard Variable
Name:_MAP
Value:Z:=//mdsbpower14.in.ibm.com/data/repo(root,*******)

I am trying to call a project running on windows passing this environment.
It is not mapping instead its showing this error

80 09/16/10 02:17PM MAP Attempting to map '\\mdsbpower14.in.ibm.com\data\repo' to drive 'Z:'
81 09/16/10 02:17PM MAP Unable to map '\\mdsbpower14.in.ibm.com\data\repo' to drive Z:. (Authenticated: 1202) (Default: 1202)

Please help me in getting this fixed and do the needful

One answer

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Sep 16 '10, 9:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have a AIX machine, mdsbpower14. I have created a Samba share and trying to access from Windows XP machine.

I was able to Physically map to Windows machine to Z:

I am trying to map using _MAP to access the drive from Build Forge but it is not successfully happening.

In Environment window,

Type:Standard Variable
Name:_MAP
Value:Z:=//mdsbpower14.in.ibm.com/data/repo(root,*******)

I am trying to call a project running on windows passing this environment.
It is not mapping instead its showing this error

80 09/16/10 02:17PM MAP Attempting to map '\\mdsbpower14.in.ibm.com\data\repo' to drive 'Z:'
81 09/16/10 02:17PM MAP Unable to map '\\mdsbpower14.in.ibm.com\data\repo' to drive Z:. (Authenticated: 1202) (Default: 1202)

Please help me in getting this fixed and do the needful

Hi,

This IBM technote references error 1202. In general, 1202 seems to indicate something else is already using Z:.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?ratlid=cctocbody&rs=984&uid=swg21306821

bju

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.