It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to work in windows command line

vishnu vardhan (1142) | asked Jul 13 '10, 8:05 a.m.
pls let me know on how to work in RTC using command line. What are the prerquistic steps. pls elaborate in detail. on wat version of java needs to be installed. I have installed RTC2.0.0.2 version. where should i change the java path and wat are the changes needs to be done in C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\scmtools\eclipse ..pls help

4 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Jul 15 '10, 3:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
pls let me know on how to work in RTC using command line. What are the prerquistic steps. pls elaborate in detail. on wat version of java needs to be installed. I have installed RTC2.0.0.2 version. where should i change the java path and wat are the changes needs to be done in C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\scmtools\eclipse ..pls help

lscm.bat should run out of the box as it would be pointing to the correct JRE that is packaged with RTC.
lscm help will show all the commands that are supported and lscm help <command> will show the help for a particular command.

If you are seeing any errors, please post the output.

permanent link
vishnu vardhan (1142) | answered Jul 15 '10, 4:56 a.m.

lscm.bat should run out of the box as it would be pointing to the correct JRE that is packaged with RTC.
lscm help will show all the commands that are supported and lscm help <command> will show the help for a particular command.

thanks.. if i type sm in command prompt it shows the list of command..but how to run lscm.bat ? iam using it in windows command line.. i cannot able to do any activity..if i c the user guide it asks me to type sh in front of all the command.. pls let me know

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Jul 15 '10, 6:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

thanks.. if i type sm in command prompt it shows the list of command..but how to run lscm.bat ? iam using it in windows command line.. i cannot able to do any activity..if i c the user guide it asks me to type sh in front of all the command.. pls let me know

What is the output when you type lscm.bat? lscm is a wrapper for scm.exe and should show help by default. The difference is that it launches a daemon in the background so that subsequent invocations run much faster.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 15 '10, 7:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, you can have it in bat files or type directly in a command line. It would look something like this:

scm login -r https://localhost:19443/jazz -u user -P password -n alias
scm create workspace -r alias testworkspace

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.