It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to know the stream to which change set has been checked in (not delivered yet) for the review purpose.

Dhanunjaya L (133) | asked Feb 14 '14, 7:44 a.m.
retagged Feb 14 '14, 10:26 a.m. by Sonia Dimitrov (27159)
As a reviewer I want to know the stream of the change sets associated to work items which I am reviewing.  How can I do that in RTC 3.0.1.1.  Please note that the change sets are not yet delivered to the stream yet (it is only checked in).

Comments
sam detweiler commented Feb 14 '14, 7:48 a.m. | edited Feb 14 '14, 7:56 a.m.

so, they are only 'checked in' to the users private workspace.

no stream is involved.

the flow is

users desktop -> Check In -> users private workspace (on server)
users private workspace (on server) -> Deliver -> stream (on server)

and the outbound flow is

stream (on server) -> Accept -> users private workspace (on server) changes
or
stream (on server) -> Load -> users private workspace (on server) all files of component or stream

users private workspace (on server) -> Load -> users desktop

Sonia Dimitrov commented Feb 14 '14, 10:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Dhanunjaya,

is your question about which stream is intended for the change set delivery?

Sonia

Dhanunjaya L commented Feb 15 '14, 4:00 a.m.

My question is basically while reviewing code I want to ensure the code is going to correct stream.  Usually review will be carried out on change sets that are checked in (once the review is done and approve the owner delivers the change set).

As Sam mentioned above change set is checked in into user's workspace.  We usually use scoped workspace so that reviewer will be able to access the code for review.  My further question is - can we get the workspace of the change set that has been checked in - so that using that info may be we can get the stream details using the workspace info.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 18 '14, 7:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure how you could guarantee the right stream. Even if, assuming the API allows you to find the repo workspace the change is in, then the only thing you could do is looking up the flow targets of that workspace. If that points to the wrong one, how do you know? So, what is the indicator for "the right stream"?

Comments
Dhanunjaya L commented May 02 '14, 4:33 a.m. | edited May 02 '14, 11:34 a.m.

I just want to know the flow target of the change set for the review purpose.  As a review I need to decide that it right stream or not.  I think I got the answer for the question.  From the web client when I click on change set it opens the files in the change set and in the top it shows the  path (breadcrumb) like SC->workspaces-><workspace>->component.  From this we can go to the corresponding workspace and see the flow targets (which is nothing but the stream it would go to when we deliver).

Tim Mok commented May 02 '14, 11:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The flow target only shows intent of where it might be delivered. The workspace owner may still choose to deliver somewhere else. As a reviewer, you wouldn't be forcing delivery to a particular stream. This kind of process is likely better enforced through delivery preconditions on your streams.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.