It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM how to configure build provider other than RTC

Martin Knoll (531512) | asked Jul 09 '10, 5:57 a.m.
In the help of RQM it is mentioned that it is possible to use Build tools like Maven / Hudson to access the build information.

But I could not find how to set up this and I am looking for a official supported list of build tools.

If I open Admin / System properties it only appears RTC as Build Provider. How to add addional build providers?

Thanks in advance
Martin

2 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Jul 12 '10, 5:39 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Martin,
RQM will only support integrating with RTC through RQM 3.0. There were talks about moving to a more generic approach in 3.0 but it could not happen due to other release commitments.
You could integrate with other build technologies withing RTC, and then integrate RQM and RTC. I understand that's an extra step and depending on your usage of questionable value, but that's all that is supported right now.
Regards,
John Nason
RQM Development

In the help of RQM it is mentioned that it is possible to use Build tools like Maven / Hudson to access the build information.

But I could not find how to set up this and I am looking for a official supported list of build tools.

If I open Admin / System properties it only appears RTC as Build Provider. How to add addional build providers?

Thanks in advance
Martin

permanent link
Martin Knoll (531512) | answered Jul 13 '10, 2:41 a.m.
Hi John,

thanks for your answer. I think, many of our customers need also other build provider in RQM, like my customer. So, I hope you will get this feature quickly into RQM. In this special case they cannot use RTC.

Greets
Martin

Hi Martin,
RQM will only support integrating with RTC through RQM 3.0. There were talks about moving to a more generic approach in 3.0 but it could not happen due to other release commitments.
You could integrate with other build technologies withing RTC, and then integrate RQM and RTC. I understand that's an extra step and depending on your usage of questionable value, but that's all that is supported right now.
Regards,
John Nason
RQM Development

Thanks in advance
Martin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.