It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RQM have user group concept?

dennys hsieh (2911519) | asked Oct 01 '14, 4:52 a.m.
Is it possible to define user groups in RQM? For example, I have 2 groups
G1: user a,b,c
G2: user d,e,f

And I have 3 projects
Project 1: G1 & G2
Project 2: G1

When I add user x into G1, he will have privilege to access Project 1,2. Is it possible?

One answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Oct 01 '14, 8:27 a.m.

Hi Denny,

I think you can control the Group of users using Team Areas and Access Control.

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_team_area.html?lang=en

Team area

The structure of the project teams is defined by a hierarchy of team areas. Use team areas to manage team membership, roles assignments, and team artifacts.
Team areas serve the following purposes:
  • Define the users (team members) on the team and specify their roles.
  • Define the timeline in which the team is participating. For example, a project with both new product development and current product maintenance might define a timeline and team area for each.
  • Customize the project process for the team.

Access control settings

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_understanding_user_access_control.html?lang=en

Regards,

Arun.

Comments
dennys hsieh commented Oct 01 '14, 10:17 a.m.

We use Jazz 4.0.6 and already enable team area for RTC, but I cannot find where to use team area in RQM. Does RQM support team area in Jazz 5.0.1? 

Arun K Sriramaiah commented Oct 01 '14, 10:32 a.m.

dennys hsieh commented Oct 01 '14, 11:17 p.m.

Thanks, I find it. But a team area is under project area. Is it possible to let other project are to show a team area?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.