It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM database schema

mat zanchi (46173) | asked Jul 08 '10, 5:21 a.m.
Hi,

does anybody have an RQM database schema inlcuding also not explicit relationships?

I need to know which tables join to extract with a query TestPlans, TestCases,Test Scripts, Results, etc etc

Thanks

Matteo

3 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Jul 12 '10, 3:28 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Matteo,
Direct database access against the RQM DB is neither supported nor recommended. This is due to the data abstraction layer provided by the Jazz Foundation and our lack of explicit schema control. What works now may break in any future major release.
Instead, please investigate the RQM REST API. It should meet your needs and is officially supported: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi

Regards,
John Nason
RQM Development

Hi,

does anybody have an RQM database schema inlcuding also not explicit relationships?

I need to know which tables join to extract with a query TestPlans, TestCases,Test Scripts, Results, etc etc

Thanks

Matteo

permanent link
mat zanchi (46173) | answered Jul 13 '10, 3:27 a.m.
Hi John,
thanks for your response. What you say is correct but we are suffering for the strong lack of reporting functionalities in RQM (at the moment we are not able to use Cognos Insight).
I have used the RQM API but you should agree that data exported in XML are far from any end user functionality and long custom development is required to complete any end-user report.
We are using with success BIRT for reporting from RTC, but unfortunately it cannot be used against RQM.

Can you advise on how we can design and publish reports within RQM?

Thanks and best regards

Matteo

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Jul 17 '10, 12:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
at the moment we are not able to use Cognos Insight

Have you looked into deploying a Rational Common Reporting server? The license is included free with RQM, and it is based on Cognos/Insight technology.

The is your best (only?) option for writing customized reports against RQM data.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.