It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

TER PDF vs TER view

Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | asked Sep 09 '11, 9:04 a.m.
Hello,

I have customer that has raised issue that PDF summary report on Test Execution Records display does not have ALL the columns that are displayed in the RQM view.
PDF:
Name;Test Case;Test Script;Last Result;Modified Date;Weight

RQM:
Name;Risk;Test Case;Test Environment;Test Plan;Test Milestone;Owner;Test Script;Blocking Status;Last Result;Last Modified;Weight

My guess is that the columns in the PDF have been pre-determined for this output and will not necessarily reflect the display in RQM.

I'm just looking for a confirmation of this conjecture.

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Michael Triantafelow (4513) | answered Sep 12 '11, 10:32 a.m.
Hello,

I have customer that has raised issue that PDF summary report on Test Execution Records display does not have ALL the columns that are displayed in the RQM view.
PDF:

RQM:
Name;Risk;Test Case;Test Environment;Test Plan;Test Milestone;Owner;Test Script;Blocking Status;Last Result;Last Modified;Weight

My guess is that the columns in the PDF have been pre-determined for this output and will not necessarily reflect the display in RQM.

Thanks.

Yes, that is correct. The PDFs are static and do not necessarily reflect exactly what is in the UI. No PDF shows all the columns that are available for the simple reason that PDFs are limited to only 8.5" of width. If we included all the columns, the data would be unreadable.

There is a work item open to enhance the Printing Framework to be able to do this (see https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/29347).

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Sep 12 '11, 1:59 p.m.
Hello,

PDF:

RQM:

Thanks.

Yes, that is correct. The PDFs are static and do not necessarily reflect exactly what is in the UI. No PDF shows all the columns that are available for the simple reason that PDFs are limited to only 8.5" of width. If we included all the columns, the data would be unreadable.

There is a work item open to enhance the Printing Framework to be able to do this (see https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/29347).

Thanks for that. User asked if there is any possibility of changing one column in the report for another as a work around.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.