It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to disable Web UI interface?

Peter Cahill (311108) | asked Jun 28 '10, 9:18 a.m.
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a simple way to disable the RRC Web UI without compromising the function/performace of the rich client?

I was tempted to change the context definition for the Web UI URL in fronting.properties file but was not sure how that would impact the location property of a requirement - another option I was thinking of was disabling the webapp in tomcat/WAS application manager - would that have any negative impact?

Any help/feedback would be appreciated......

Peter.....

One answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jul 14 '10, 5:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a simple way to disable the RRC Web UI without compromising the function/performace of the rich client?

I was tempted to change the context definition for the Web UI URL in fronting.properties file but was not sure how that would impact the location property of a requirement - another option I was thinking of was disabling the webapp in tomcat/WAS application manager - would that have any negative impact?

Any help/feedback would be appreciated......

Peter.....

Now you could uninstall the rrc web client WAR file, deployed as part of the server startup, but when you send somebody an RRC artifact link, the RRC Server automatically converts it to the web client address. That I do not know whether it is possible to change that action.

So there is probably a way to do it but I don't not know the impact.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.