It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Define a new project based on a snapshot

Parviz Tafreshian (8311612) | asked May 06 '11, 4:51 a.m.
Hi,
is it possible to define a new project in RRC based on a snapshot of another project?
I have made months ago a snapshot of a project and want to have separat as a new project.
I use RRC 2.0.0.3 with DB2 9.5

regards
Parviz

2 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered May 08 '11, 2:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
is it possible to define a new project in RRC based on a snapshot of another project?
I have made months ago a snapshot of a project and want to have separat as a new project.

regards
Parviz

With V2.0.0.3 you can download a project archive of the latest versions of the artifacts, and then create a blank project and upload the archive to populate this new project.

I don't think there is a way to download a specific snapshot version but you could try opening the snapshot and see if you can download an archive.

permanent link
Parviz Tafreshian (8311612) | answered May 09 '11, 2:55 a.m.
Hi,

regards
Parviz

With V2.0.0.3 you can download a project archive of the latest versions of the artifacts, and then create a blank project and upload the archive to populate this new project.

I don't think there is a way to download a specific snapshot version but you could try opening the snapshot and see if you can download an archive.

Hi Roben,
to define a new project based on an archived project is possible. What i need is to define a new project based on a snapshot.
The idea of downloading a snapshot is great, unfortunately is this function disabled for snapshots. Is there a possibility to enable it?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.