It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Open Work Items By Priority

David Moss (171156) | asked Jun 22 '10, 2:24 p.m.
Within an active RQM project I tried adding a viewlet to my dashboard for Reports-->Open Work Items by Priority. The viewlet say "Report with ID 'workitems.MicroOpenWorkItemsByPriority' is not deployed to project area 'XYZ'. Click <here> to select a different project area".

Why is this error coming up? Is that report not part of RQM? If not, how can I get such a report out of RQM?

Thanks.
-caimoss

ps--RQM Version 2.0.0.1, Build I20100126_0933

4 answers

permanent link
Maneesh Mehra (20111) | answered Jun 28 '10, 5:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The problem you are is seeing here is because the report template for this report is not deployed on the project area in the server. Follow these steps to deploy the template:

1. Open the RTC eclipse client and create a connection to your project area (Unfortunately, I do not know if there is a way to do this from the web UI). Make sure to login as an administrative user who has permissions to change the project area.

2. Once connected to the project area, open the "Reports" folder.

3. Right click on the Report Templates and choose "Deploy New Templates".

4. Select your project area.

5. Deselect all templates except "Micro Open Work Items by Priority" and click OK.

6. Refresh the dashboard. Notice that the viewlet now shows the correct information.

I hope that helps.

permanent link
David Moss (171156) | answered Jun 29 '10, 2:44 p.m.
Thank you for the info! I was able to follow the steps but it claims "You don't have permission to Deploy Report Template ."

I am an administrator for that project, as well as a team member on the project, and my userID has both "JazzAdmins" and "JazzProjectAdmins" in RTC. What am I missing?

permanent link
David Moss (171156) | answered Jun 29 '10, 4:15 p.m.
I finally found where the security was missing. In the properties of the Project Area, had to modify the Team Configuration --> Permissions area. Deploy Report Template (server) was there, and was not applied to the Team Member.

permanent link
Maneesh Mehra (20111) | answered Jun 29 '10, 5:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Excellent. Also, in future its best to look at process permissions on the project/team area if the Team Advisor reports things like that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.