It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Time Zone India

Thomas Starz (1812015) | asked Jun 02 '10, 4:17 a.m.
Can someone please help me how I set the time zone for India (GMT +5:30) in the RTC work environment?

Thanks,
Thomas

5 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 02 '10, 9:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can someone please help me how I set the time zone for India (GMT +5:30) in the RTC work environment?

Thanks,
Thomas

Hi

Are you trying to set this for a particular user? Then you need to login as that user to the web UI, select User Management, select that user and it is part of the Work Environment tab. If you don't have admin access to the server, try opening the Eclipse client, selecting the user in the Team Organisation view and you will be able to get to the user's work environment tab. I believe you can only set your own work environment unless you are part of the JazzAdmin group, then you can set this for others too.

If you want to set the time zone from the server, I believe this is part of the app server setup (but I am guessing here)

regards
anthony

permanent link
Thomas Starz (1812015) | answered Jun 02 '10, 11:53 a.m.
Now I can choose GMT +5 and GMT +6 but I miss GMT +5:30. Do you know what I need to choose?

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 02 '10, 12:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Now I can choose GMT +5 and GMT +6 but I miss GMT +5:30. Do you know what I need to choose?

Ah - now I understand your question. My apologies.

Check further down the list - there are locations (like Mahe). Do any of these fit your location. If not - please add an enhancement request to support the GMT+5:30 time zones.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Thomas Starz (1812015) | answered Jun 02 '10, 1:53 p.m.
:-) my apologies for being not clear...

Thanks a lot, that helps for the moment.

However, I was surprised not to find Delhi, Pune, Mumbai, Bengaluru or the like. Maybe having GMT +5:30 would even be best to cover all.

I added enhancement 116805.
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=116805.

- Thomas

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | answered May 12 '11, 1:58 p.m.
I found "Asia - Calcutta" on the list. Not sure why Calcutta is listed that way, but that's what we've been using. Since all of india is on the same timezone, all we really need is a setting for "India".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.