It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Set a default filed against

Bharath Adhithya (5213346) | asked Feb 08 '18, 4:32 a.m.
edited Feb 08 '18, 5:09 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Hi team ,

There is a requirement to set a default filed against(category) for a particular work item type and we can use Default Values to set the category,  But when I try to create a new work item of different type , the default category is set to My value in this work item also. For instance say i have Workitem type A which on creation by default will have category A but when i create Workitem type B that also carries filed against as Category A (Which i Dont want) Is there a way i can achieve setting the default filed against for a particular workitem alone?

Thanks,
Adhithya 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 08 '18, 5:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Attribute customization has always been for an attribute and thus impacting all work item types that have said attribute.
The only workaround is to use JavaScript and wrap the default value provider. JavaScript can look at the type and work different based on the value. You can return the default value based on the type. Return the desired default if the type is detected  otherwise return the current value.

I am not sure why you would want a default value for filed against. What is the purpose/business value?

It is easy enough to show the work items that need to be picked up by the team leads based on an unassigned value if you allow that. So users that know could pick a good one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.