It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unarchive user and auditing

Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | asked May 19 '10, 9:22 a.m.
Help! Some other administrator archived my administrator user. Luckily I'm back in as another administrator user but I'd like to unarchive my user. Recreating all the projects I had permission to access, process roles, etc, with a new user would take forever.

Also, is there an audit log? I'd like to track down the user who did this to me!

4 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered May 19 '10, 9:32 a.m.
I figured out how to unarchive the user. You have to hover over the username in the archived user list in the User Management section of the Admin. Then, a small, nearly invisible undo icon appears at the very end of the user name column.

I'd still like to know how to audit repository level actions such as archiving a user. Somebody needs to have their privileges revoked :) Is there a way of sorting users by permissions? We have over a hundred users and the only way I have figured out how to sort by permission is to take the tomcat-users.xml file and pipe grep it for JazzAdmin.

permanent link
Greg Pflaum (67913) | answered Jan 19 '12, 9:40 a.m.
Enhancement request for auditing of user and license changes: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=149854

Help! Some other administrator archived my administrator user. Luckily I'm back in as another administrator user but I'd like to unarchive my user. Recreating all the projects I had permission to access, process roles, etc, with a new user would take forever.

Also, is there an audit log? I'd like to track down the user who did this to me!

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jan 22 '12, 9:18 a.m.
I figured out how to unarchive the user. You have to hover over the username in the archived user list in the User Management section of the Admin. Then, a small, nearly invisible undo icon appears at the very end of the user name column.

I'd still like to know how to audit repository level actions such as archiving a user. Somebody needs to have their privileges revoked :) Is there a way of sorting users by permissions? We have over a hundred users and the only way I have figured out how to sort by permission is to take the tomcat-users.xml file and pipe grep it for JazzAdmin.

One thing I've found useful are the "Recent Events". For example in this case in the RTC client, right click on the project area in question, choose Recent Events. You can filter the events shown to focus on "Team Process Changes" This may not show archiving users (it does show changes in membership).

permanent link
Greg Pflaum (67913) | answered Jan 22 '12, 11:33 a.m.
One thing I've found useful are the "Recent Events". For example in this case in the RTC client, right click on the project area in question, choose Recent Events. You can filter the events shown to focus on "Team Process Changes" This may not show archiving users (it does show changes in membership).

It doesn't show archiving of users. It also doesn't show what change was made to the project or team membership, only when it changed and who made the change.

- Greg

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.