It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

build defination fails to load in RTC

Wang JianJun (11) | asked May 18 '10, 3:02 a.m.
Hi,
Recently, I have a problem about build engine in my RTC. The version of my RTC is 2.0. The RTC administrator has made a build defination in RTC server. Some members in my team can load the build defination by which the ones can request build , while the others can not load it. What I can see is that it is empty in my build engine, but not in some others'.
I expect that someone can fix my problem. Thanks a lot!

10 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 18 '10, 11:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are the build definitions in a different project area than the build engine?
If so, does the project area have access control restricted (open project area, check the Access Control tab)?
If so, then perhaps some team members are not members of the other project area, which would explain why they can't see its artifacts such as the build definition.

permanent link
Wang JianJun (11) | answered May 18 '10, 10:21 p.m.
we are in the same project area. The right to access build system is approved. Some can load the build defination and request build, but I can't. Even the administrator of RTC feels confused. I don't know what to do to resolve the problem. Maybe something is wrong in somewhere. Could you tell me where it may be to cause such a problem.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 19 '10, 10:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Does the Builds node appear under the project in the Team Artifacts view? If not, check that you have a developer license assigned. I'm guessing it does, though, since you say you're able to open the build engine editor.

Does anything relevant appear in the error log? To show the Error Log view, try Ctrl+3, Error.

Is the problem specific to your machine or to your account? Can you try logging in as you from an RTC client that works for others?

permanent link
Wang JianJun (11) | answered May 19 '10, 10:01 p.m.
Builds node appears under the project in the Team Artifacts view. Everything seems OK in the views. build engines exist. I can also define a build. But the problem is that I can't load the build defination defined in RTC server. In Error log there is only one relative log which is "User 'xxx Wang' does not have permission to read stream 'xxx Team Stream' " on 5.13.2010. I think this error has been resolved at that moment because I can load files and deliver files to the Team Stream. What's your opinion about it?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 20 '10, 8:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It indicates that read permissions are in effect on the project area containing the stream, so that might be the reason for not being able to load the build definition. Are you saying that the build definition does not show up at all in Team Artifacts, or that you're unable to open its editor?

If it's the former, can you try temporarily giving the project area public visibility (in Access Control tab of the project area editor)?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 20 '10, 9:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Also, are multiple project areas in play?
Can you check (on someone else's account as needed):
- which project area contains the build definition?
- which project area contains the build engine?
- in the Source Control page of the build definition, is the build workspace a workspace or a stream?
- if it's a stream, which project area contains it?
- if it's a workspace, what is its visibility?
- can you connect to all the above project areas when logged in as you?

permanent link
jia tao (51153) | answered May 28 '10, 4:58 a.m.
Also, are multiple project areas in play?
Can you check (on someone else's account as needed):
- which project area contains the build definition?
- which project area contains the build engine?
- in the Source Control page of the build definition, is the build workspace a workspace or a stream?
- if it's a stream, which project area contains it?
- if it's a workspace, what is its visibility?
- can you connect to all the above project areas when logged in as you?

Hi,I also have this issue.

Project A contains team A and the team A contains the build definition A and definition B

In the Source Control page of the build definition ,the build workspace is a stream and team A contains it.

User A (in team A) created the definition A first, then user B joined the team A.After user B have joined the team A ,user A created the definition B.

Now user A can show both definition A and definition B,
but user B can only show definition B.

Pls check where is the problem!

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 28 '10, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
> Now user A can show both definition A and definition B, but user B can only show definition B.

Do you mean that only B shows up under Builds in the Team Artifacts view, or that they both show up but only B can be opened in the bulid definition editor, or that only B's builds can be shown?

What are the access control settings for project A (see Access Control tab in the project area editor)?

permanent link
jia tao (51153) | answered Jun 10 '10, 11:13 p.m.
> Now user A can show both definition A and definition B, but user B can only show definition B.

Do you mean that only B shows up under Builds in the Team Artifacts view, or that they both show up but only B can be opened in the bulid definition editor, or that only B's builds can be shown?

What are the access control settings for project A (see Access Control tab in the project area editor)?

only B's builds definition can be shown.

The Access Control is "Members of the project area hierarchy" and I am sure that B is the project member.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 12 '10, 1:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you change the access control to public / everyone, does definition A show up for user B? To ensure no items are cached, the RTC client should be restarted after making this change.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.