It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

PDF print of test plan with table fails

jackie scott (11) | asked May 14 '10, 9:04 a.m.
I have a Test Plan in which I created a table in the Test Objectives section rich-text editor, using the 'insert table' icon.
When I try to print this test plan to pdf I get :

HTTP Status 500 - Problem transforming xsl-fo to requested print type:
type Status report
message Problem transforming xsl-fo to requested print type:
description The server encountered an internal error (Problem transforming xsl-fo to requested print type: ) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

The same error is seen when trying to print a test case with a table. Other test plans/cases, without tables, print successfully.

Has anyone seen this before / know if this is a known bug?

6 answers

permanent link
Michael Triantafelow (4513) | answered May 18 '10, 12:41 p.m.
I have a Test Plan in which I created a table in the Test Objectives section rich-text editor, using the 'insert table' icon.

type Status report
description The server encountered an internal error (Problem transforming xsl-fo to requested print type: ) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

The same error is seen when trying to print a test case with a table. Other test plans/cases, without tables, print successfully.

What version of RQM are you using?

permanent link
jackie scott (11) | answered May 18 '10, 12:57 p.m.

type Status report

What version of RQM are you using?

Hi, we are using RQM V2.0.1.

permanent link
Michael Triantafelow (4513) | answered May 18 '10, 2:52 p.m.
There is a "validate" button in the Rich Text Editor. You shouldn't need to use it unless you are copying content from a third party source (like MS Word for instance) but could you give it a try anyway?

1. Press the Validate button
2. Review the validated content and press OK if it look OK
3. Save the Testplan
4. Try the "Current Artifact Report"

Let me know if that makes any difference.

permanent link
jackie scott (11) | answered May 25 '10, 1:27 p.m.
There is a "validate" button in the Rich Text Editor. You shouldn't need to use it unless you are copying content from a third party source (like MS Word for instance) but could you give it a try anyway?

1. Press the Validate button
2. Review the validated content and press OK if it look OK
3. Save the Testplan
4. Try the "Current Artifact Report"

Let me know if that makes any difference.

I tried the validate button, saved the plan and selected the Current Artifact Report, but got the same results.

permanent link
Michael Triantafelow (4513) | answered May 27 '10, 10:49 a.m.
Ok, there is one know defect that I think you might be encountering, but I'll need the logs from your server to validate.

I've created defect 33383 to investigate this, would you mind attaching the rqm.log(s) from your server (immediately after reproducing the problem) to that work item so that I can take a look?

permanent link
Michael Triantafelow (4513) | answered May 27 '10, 10:49 a.m.
Ok, there is one know defect that I think you might be encountering, but I'll need the logs from your server to validate.

I've created defect 33383 to investigate this, would you mind attaching the rqm.log(s) from your server (immediately after reproducing the problem) to that work item so that I can take a look?

Here is the link:
https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/33383

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.