It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems to login in RQM

Roberto Mosqueda (2652) | asked May 04 '10, 10:35 a.m.
Hi, one of the users in the server Im administrating, is having problems to access RQM, he is the only user having this problem even when he has the same rights that all other users. this is the error message:

Server Apache-Coyote/1.1
Cache-Control private
Expires Wed, 31 Dec 1969 16:00:00 PST
Content-Type text/html;charset=utf-8
Content-Length 954
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 09:30:47 GMT

Request Headersview source
Host x.x.x.x:9445
User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.9) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9
Accept text/json
Accept-Language en,fr-fr;q=0.8,en-ie;q=0.5,en-us;q=0.3
Accept-Encoding gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive 300
Connection keep-alive
Content-Type application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8
X-Requested-With XMLHttpRequest
Referer https://x.x.x.x:9445/jazz/web/cosole/RQM
Cookie X-com-ibm-team-foundation-auth-loop-avoidance=true; JSESSIONID=C99BCF88DDC21E53B4D3C1E46E977376

&lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;title&gt;Apache Tomcat/5.5.23 - Error report&lt;/title&gt;&lt;style&gt;&lt;H1&gt;&lt;/style&gt; &lt;/head&gt;&lt;body&gt;&lt;h1&gt;HTTP Status 401 - &lt;/h1&gt;&lt;HR&gt;&lt;p&gt;<b>type</b> Status report&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;<b>message</b> <u></u>&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;<b>description</b> <u>This request requires HTTP authentication ().</u>&lt;/p&gt;&lt;HR&gt;&lt;h3&gt;Apache Tomcat/5.5.23&lt;/h3&gt;&lt;/body&gt;&lt;/html&gt;

I checked the logs and there is an error reported:
CRJAZ1183I Authenticated user &quot;XXX@fr.ibm.com&quot; does not exist in the repository. The user may need to be imported into the repository.

Has someone had this problem before?
Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered May 04 '10, 6:26 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can't say I've seen this one before, but I think there's a couple ways you can work through it. It looks like your user registry (either tomcat-users.xml or LDAP) has this user defined, but RQM does not know about them.

Check out the repotools documentation:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_repotools_overview.html

There are a couple of arguments that you can use to manipulate users in the repository.

You could also probably just log in to /jazz/admin, and create a user for the &quot;missing person&quot;.

Let us know how this goes.
Regards,
John Nason

Hi, one of the users in the server Im administrating, is having problems to access RQM, he is the only user having this problem even when he has the same rights that all other users. this is the error message:

Server Apache-Coyote/1.1
Cache-Control private
Expires Wed, 31 Dec 1969 16:00:00 PST
Content-Type text/html;charset=utf-8
Content-Length 954
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 09:30:47 GMT

Request Headersview source
Host x.x.x.x:9445
User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.9) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9
Accept text/json
Accept-Language en,fr-fr;q=0.8,en-ie;q=0.5,en-us;q=0.3
Accept-Encoding gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive 300
Connection keep-alive
Content-Type application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8
X-Requested-With XMLHttpRequest
Referer https://x.x.x.x:9445/jazz/web/cosole/RQM
Cookie X-com-ibm-team-foundation-auth-loop-avoidance=true; JSESSIONID=C99BCF88DDC21E53B4D3C1E46E977376

&lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;title&gt;Apache Tomcat/5.5.23 - Error report&lt;/title&gt;&lt;style&gt;&lt;H1&gt;&lt;/style&gt; &lt;/head&gt;&lt;body&gt;&lt;h1&gt;HTTP Status 401 - &lt;/h1&gt;&lt;*&gt;&lt;p&gt;<b>type</b> Status report&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;<b>message</b> <u></u>&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;<b>description</b> <u>This request requires HTTP authentication ().</u>&lt;/p&gt;&lt;*&gt;&lt;h3&gt;Apache Tomcat/5.5.23&lt;/h3&gt;&lt;/body&gt;&lt;/html&gt;

I checked the logs and there is an error reported:
CRJAZ1183I Authenticated user &quot;*@fr.ibm.com&quot; does not exist in the repository. The user may need to be imported into the repository.

Has someone had this problem before?
Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.