It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need a Test Case Description in an RQM report...any report. How can I do this?

John Scarpelli (46257) | asked Aug 07 '12, 9:53 a.m.

We have just upgraded to RQM 4.0 and I was hopeful this would resolve our reporting needs, but I still can't seem to find a report, or create a custom report for that matter, which includes a Test Case Description.  Anyone know how to do this??  Seems like a rather basic parameter to include in a Test Case Report...why isn't' this a standard reporting parameter in RQM??

5 answers

permanent link
John Scarpelli (46257) | answered Aug 16 '12, 8:19 a.m.

Our client requires us to produce traceability reports which include descriptions.  Due to RQM's inability to successfully integrate with ReqPro, we need to produce extracts from RQM which then get loaded into ReqPro.  This is because RQM cannot show traceability to the highest level requirements, only the immediate requirement to which it is associated with.  The bottom line is, ReqPro is our Requirements Management tool of choice, and our goal is to produce our requirements traceability reports from ReqPro.  But again, due to the lack of proper integration with RQM, we need to export Test Case information out of ReqPro and then import into ReqPro.  Now it seems that is not even possible, at least in terms of Test Case Descriptions.  Our specific needs for reporting are:  Test Case ID, Test Case Name, Test Case Description, associated Implementation Requirements, and Execution Status. Our goal again is to then show traceability from the low-level Implementation Requirements to the high-level PWS requirements.  A second and equally important goal is to eventually show coverage of all requirements from a Test Case perspective (i.e., all requirements have been met due to the successful execution of one or more given Test Cases.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help us achieve our reporting goals.

permanent link
Una Ramsay (1101918) | answered Aug 07 '12, 10:11 a.m.
No answer I am afraid but we need the same thing!

permanent link
Yong Hao Zhou (561) | answered Aug 14 '12, 3:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi John and Una, I posted the reason why it's not supported in current report via Una's question. For now the desciption of test case is not a reportable data, and we don't store it in data warehouse. If this field is needed for your reports, please create an enhancement for RQM reporting team, provide your detailed requirements, we will bring it to discussion.

permanent link
Yong Hao Zhou (561) | answered Aug 16 '12, 5:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi John and Una, could you introduce why the description field is needed for reporting? In RQM4.0, we added some test case related reports in "Test case" folder of the shared report, these reports aim to explore test  case's state and related artifacts for tester and testing lead. Hope these reports could meet your need. Thanks!

permanent link
Paula Izaurralde (6122628) | answered Jan 14 '13, 3:59 p.m.
 I need that too!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.