It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.5M Mac Incubator - Can't run software update...

Reuben Varzea (9214) | asked Apr 29 '10, 10:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Very proud to make my first forum post...

I'm trying to configure RTC on my Mac as my ThinkPad decided to take a vacation. I've got it up and running. I've been able to connect to the JazzCS repository.

I can NOT, however, run Software Updates. There are a handful of Ganymeade updates that I need (and the ability to add a server within RTC), but when I do Help > Software Updates, I get the following:

"Cannot launch the Update UI. This installation has not been configured properly for Software Updates."

Any thoughts?

2 answers

permanent link
Reuben Varzea (9214) | answered Apr 29 '10, 3:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Opened a bug for this as it seems like "software updates" is something that should just work out of the box.

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Apr 30 '10, 12:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is a known problem in RTC 3.0 M5 (which I guess is what you are using). It's documented in the release notes, and as usual we all agree that it should work and it's since been fixed. The workaround is to download the plugins and put them in the eclipse/dropins folder of the client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.