It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Quickest way to create child work item's in Web UI

James Leone (13613513) | asked Apr 19 '10, 1:52 p.m.
Hello,

From the RTC web UI, is there an easy way to create child work items?

I may be missing something. Currently, we have to create a parent work item. Then we create the child work item. Then we go back to that parent work item and add the child relationship to the child work item we created separately.

Is it possible to have/create/add a button like "Create child work item" that I could invoke when I have the parent work item open, such that the parent/child relationship would be automatically created between the two work items?

3 answers

permanent link
James Leone (13613513) | answered May 05 '10, 6:02 p.m.
Bumping this since it has not been addressed and it is a huge usability issue.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered May 05 '10, 6:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Bumping this since it has not been addressed and it is a huge usability issue.

Hi

You can sort-of do this from the Plan screens in the web UI. I created a work item in a plan (my parent task), then created another task in the same plan. I could then drag and drop the "child" task on top of the parent and this will create the parent child relationship you need.

You can't do this from the work items screens directly, or from a query.

Good idea though - I would create a work item for this here on jazz.net on the RTC project.

regards
anthony

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered May 06 '10, 1:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This hit me recently as well. We will get this fixed in 3.0...

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=113990

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.