It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing the server address

Michael Mancini (1362410) | asked Apr 19 '10, 11:27 a.m.
We initially configured our servers (RTC, RRC, and RQM) to run on its public facing IP address because the DNS names weren't yet created. Since then the DNS has been configured and we would like to use the names. I want to ensure I've covered all the changes necessary to change the server address.

Other than in changing the public URI in the Jazz Admin web UI in the Advanced Properties, what else needs to be completed?

I have changed the public URI and reconfigured the integration to the other tools, but for RTC whenever I log in through the client it always resolves back to the original IP address. It also sends out the IP address in the team invitation emails.

6 answers

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Apr 21 '10, 10:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's possible that some components are caching the public URI and not checking each time. Does restarting the server help?

permanent link
Michael Mancini (1362410) | answered Apr 21 '10, 12:11 p.m.
It's possible that some components are caching the public URI and not checking each time. Does restarting the server help?

I've restarted all of the servers, it didn't help. I don't believe it has to do with the cache because the RTC Client resolves back to the IP address each time I change the URL. I've tried multiple times to delete the connection from the RTC Client, then add a new one with the DNS name, and once it connects it resolves back to the IP address.

permanent link
Martina Riedel (20323341) | answered Apr 21 '10, 12:51 p.m.

I have changed the public URI and reconfigured the integration to the other tools, but for RTC whenever I log in through the client it always resolves back to the original IP address. It also sends out the IP address in the team invitation emails.

How did you change the URI? I did pretty much the same thing by going into https://localhost:9443/jazz/setup and doing the custom setup.
Step 4 configures the Public URI Root.
I'm pretty sure you have to click all the way through and click finish at the end. Doing that also changed what the emails say.

permanent link
Michael Mancini (1362410) | answered Apr 21 '10, 12:53 p.m.

How did you change the URI? I did pretty much the same thing by going into https://localhost:9443/jazz/setup and doing the custom setup.
Step 4 configures the Public URI Root.
I'm pretty sure you have to click all the way through and click finish at the end. Doing that also changed what the emails say.

I went to https://<servername>/jazz/admin and went to advanced server settings to set it initially. I also tried re-running the setup but the URI was correct in step 4.

permanent link
Martina Riedel (20323341) | answered Apr 21 '10, 1:11 p.m.
I just learned how to really change it :)
As to your problem, is RTC the only app you have such a problem with or could there be something wrong with the reverse lookup in DNS?
Is this win or *nix?

permanent link
Michael Mancini (1362410) | answered Apr 21 '10, 2:19 p.m.
I just learned how to really change it :)
As to your problem, is RTC the only app you have such a problem with or could there be something wrong with the reverse lookup in DNS?
Is this win or *nix?

The DNS is handled by our customer, so i will have to look into that. Our RTC server is running on Windows server 2008

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.