It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Default subscribers for specific work item

Leesen Padayachee (9960120) | asked Feb 07 '17, 6:32 a.m.

Hi

I managed to add default subsribers for my RTC project area using the following link:

However, when adding the default value "UserList" to a specifc work item, the "Subscribed by" get saved for all work items. How do I restrict this default list to only defects and not all other work items. I am on CLM 6.0.

Thanks,
Leesen

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 07 '17, 8:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 07 '17, 9:17 a.m.

Attribute customization always works for all attribute types in a project area that have that attribute. That means all work items of all work item type now have it. 

You can potentially limit to all work items of one or more specific types, but then this would have to be created as JavaScript attribute customization and it would be hard to actually access the user ID'S to be set as Default. This would have to be manually configured.

Comments
Leesen Padayachee commented Feb 08 '17, 12:20 a.m.

Hi Ralph

Thanks for the feedback.

Is it possible to add subscribers at certain levels, for e.g I want to add 3 specific users as subscribers whenever a work item is "Filed Against" Team B? 

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 08 '17, 2:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can do such things. You would have to create a follow up action a real Java RTC Server extension. Start here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/

No, JavaScript attribute customization will likely not work.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.